One of those days

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

One of those days

Post by greener » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:14 pm

Didn't look in the range bag and the only .22's I had were RGB's and Wolf Match Target. RGB's didn't want to feed through either the Ruger Hunter or GC. They jammed, didn't feed and decided to have FTF's. I've found they shoot ok to well in some other .22's. I'm not sure whether the scatter was due to me or me fighting the bullets.

When I switched to the 9mm's I discovered that I couldn't see the front sights on either the Ruger SR9 or the S&W M&P. I really didn't intend to shoot a smiley face on the target. I did discover that if I shot one-handed the front sight of the M&P was visible and I could shoot a 2" group at 15 yards.

Really a frustrating day except:
a. The temperature was pushing 70 and the range trip was made with the top down on my toy car.
b. I missed the opportunity to rake pine straw in the back yard.
c. I noticed that it was about 23 in bgreene's neck of the woods.

I bought some RGB's a while back. They don't age well. I hope the .22 shortage improves before I have to buy some more.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:50 am

you poor thing.....

it was a balmy 20ish here....

I had the window down because it was sooooo nice..

I even thought about goin' swimmin'..... when a guy jumped in the river to try to kill himself.....

...he made it in up to his testes before he decided it was too cold for that crap. so no swimmin' for me! :dance:
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:18 am

He didn't want to join the Polar Bear Club, or had second thoughts about joining as hypothermia began to set in.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Was a decent 67 here Sunday, but back to thirties and light snow Wednesday. Spring ain't here yet........ :cry:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Bullseye wrote:He didn't want to join the Polar Bear Club, or had second thoughts about joining as hypothermia began to set in.

R,
Bullseye
My son-in-law in Anchorage does an annual Polar Bear plunge in swim trunks to support the Special Olympics. bgreene's winter plunges are in wet suits. Yesterday I looked at the Chickahominy River than thought it looked cold.

The Alaska branch complains about excessive heat when it gets to 80.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:33 pm

It is all a matter of perspective. When you get acclimated to one type of weather, slight temperature changes have bigger felt impacts. I can remember seeing folks walking around Hawaii with heavy coats on when the temps dipped into the mid-60's. I thought that strange, but the islanders had grown accustomed to tropical breezes from the trade winds and mid-80's most of the year-round. I have to admit after living there a few years, when the temps dipped I felt it a little too, and I was from the frozen North.

R,
Bullseye

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:17 pm

Just got back from a 4 day trip to Boulder, CO. It was really nice 40-50 ish. Got to walk around in shirtsleeves. All the locals were in winter coats. Got back to Bismarck late last night, -5 F. Welcome home :(
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington