Greener all shook up ?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Greener all shook up ?

Post by ruger22 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:42 pm

I've heard your area had a 3.2 earthquake last night. I'll guess you came through it okay. Was it really a quake or the other half putting her foot down about a gun purchase? We haven't read about your "gun a month" plan lately...... :roll:

I remember the "big" quake two years ago, that cracked the Washington Monument, but didn't shake any sense into the politicians. It shook my area pretty solid.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri May 23, 2014 8:33 pm

They had just opened up the Washington Monument a few days before this quake after many crack repairs caused by the last one.

R,
Bullseye

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sun May 25, 2014 10:12 pm

I've kind of always wanted to feel an earthquake; a small one which does not cause in loss of life or property, of course. It must feel very alien to literally have your world shaken.

I live in Texas though, so the chances are slim.

greener

Post by greener » Mon May 26, 2014 8:12 am

I was with a couple folks on Saturday who said they felt it. I didn't. We went through Powhatan Saturday and didn't see anything that looked like quake damage.

Big deal around Richmond was the storm that came through about 5 pm. Hail, very heavy rain. Discovered that if you leave the windows of a Miata cracked an inch or so, the leather seats will collect and hold an inch or so of water.

greener

Post by greener » Mon May 26, 2014 8:16 am

Georgezilla wrote:I've kind of always wanted to feel an earthquake; a small one which does not cause in loss of life or property, of course. It must feel very alien to literally have your world shaken.

I live in Texas though, so the chances are slim.
The previous earthquake in this area was the one that cracked the Washington monument and it was a small one. I was talking to bgreene and the building commenced to shaking. It sounded like one of the HVAC units came off he mountings at first but I changed my mind quickly. You are better off wondering, a number of the older buildings (colonial) NW of Richmond are still being repaired.