Sportsman's Warehouse limiting ALL ammo (?) & reloading

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Sportsman's Warehouse limiting ALL ammo (?) & reloading

Post by ruger22 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Was in SW yeaterday, the first visit in over a month. I've given up finding .22 there, and as usual there was none. Other calibers were well stocked, except .25 and .380. More .38 Special than I've seen in months. I was really just looking for anything new, and all I noticed was a wider selection of Uncle Mike tactical holsters.

I did see new signs in the ammunition section. The usual 100 round, or one bulk box, limit of rimfire. But they now limit centerfire purchases, too.

100 rounds of handgun ammo, 60 rounds of rifle, 10 box limit of shotgun shells. Or one bulk package of either.

The clerk said the policy changed because there have been several instances of people coming into various SW stores and buying huge quantities, like 50 or more bricks at a time. Some people bought every box of a particular caliber.

The clerk wouldn't commit a guess as to the reason. I'm hoping it isn't the beginning of the ammo "problem" spreading to all ammo.......... :shock:

Also signs limiting reloading components, too. I don't remember them exactly. I think it was one can on powder. Limits on bullets, brass, and primers were all in the low hundreds, IIRC.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:55 am

Seems like there is a lot of stuff around except rimfire, .25 and .380. I can understand the .25, but not .380.

Not sure why they are putting limits on other centerfire calibres