Good day at Dick's, by default

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Good day at Dick's, by default

Post by ruger22 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:13 pm

Dick's had Federal Value Packs in their Sunday ad, and I ignored it. I'm used to Dick's only getting tiny amounts of ammo.

Monday morning, I'm at Sportsman's Warehouse, waiting for them to open on their ammo day. Another guy shows up to wait, says he just got a Value Pack at Dick's. I think, ???

So I do a quick loop through SW ( no rimfire) and head for Dick's. Sure enough they still had it, one box limit, and I got it. Went back at 1 PM and got another. Different clerk, first one probably at lunch.

Two Value Packs in one day was Christmas in August.

I checked this morning, and they had sold the last one last night. Clerk said they had gotten 30 cases, and that lasting two days was pretty good.

When everywhere starts getting 30 cases at a time, and frequently, that would be great. Things are maybe looking up.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Coach1 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:10 pm

I saw the ad in my Sunday paper also. I stopped at one of the 2 local Dick's on the way back from the range that afternoon. I was also pleasantly surprised that they still had a 1400 count Remington .22 LR Bucket of Bullets on hand ($0.05 per round!) - 1 per customer. There were 2 other guys there doing the same.

Great for plinking... and hopefully a good sign for the .22 LR supply chain in general.
Coach
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones