One of the reasons I rarely read the Washington Post

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

One of the reasons I rarely read the Washington Post

Post by greener » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:51 am

An article in the Post "Thousands Dead, Few Convicted" is on police shootings. They don't really mention that the thousands might just be justified. The examples of officers charged are anecdotes to prove some sort of point. The other side could be very few shootings aren't justified. But the Post would like you not to see it that way, I suppose.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/invest ... c=al_alert

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:13 am

The big trend in news media these days - demonize the police. Selfless men who tirelessly patrol the streets 24 hours a day to keep evil at bay.

I have little respect for journalists in general, they all are looking for the next sensational bit of news to exploit.

R,
Bullseye

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:19 pm

Bullseye wrote:The big trend in news media these days - demonize the police. Selfless men who tirelessly patrol the streets 24 hours a day to keep evil at bay.

I have little respect for journalists in general, they all are looking for the next sensational bit of news to exploit.

R,
Bullseye
ditto

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:46 am

This is what naturally follows when fascists, I mean leftists are allowed to take over the news media.

They have the news media, the entertainment media, the universities and now the grade schools... - What could go wrong?

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:29 pm

charlesb wrote:This is what naturally follows when fascists, I mean leftists are allowed to take over the news media.

They have the news media, the entertainment media, the universities and now the grade schools... - What could go wrong?
Kind of reminds you of certain other countries in years past?

The SC case looks to be a slam-dunk against the officer. Neither the tail light, nor the "wants and warrants" from dispatch justified any of it.

I'm still waiting for the reverse, when a black officer shoots a white citizen. How much yelling and vandalism will the white community do? If they don't set a better example, things will escalate that much more.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:30 pm

I put them in the same class as politicians. Professional Liars. Never tell you all the facts.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:10 pm

There's more to that shoot in SC than the stop or the warrants.... he fled on foot and fought with the officer and took his taser from him before the shooting started. I doubt the officer could undo the decision to fire in the time it took the bad guy to turn and run.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne