How to know you've found a good Dr.

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

How to know you've found a good Dr.

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:52 pm

I went into the Dr's office for a routine check up and after the Dr gave me the once over we chatted a bit. He explained the office's policy in case of infiltration by bad guys is for them to "run and hide", he doesn't agree and instead his plan is to shoot the bad guys with his CCW piece.... also the office kept putting "no guns" stickers on the doors so every day he would scrape them off with a razor blade.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:28 am

Sometimes it is refreshing to see that some other people have not bought into the "Sheeple" mentality. One has to have a plan in the event of an emergency and that plan must be fortified with 100% situational awareness. Not everyone can maintain a position like this and for them "take shelter" may be their best option.

R,
Bullseye

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:35 pm

Bullseye wrote:Sometimes it is refreshing to see that some other people have not bought into the "Sheeple" mentality. One has to have a plan in the event of an emergency and that plan must be fortified with 100% situational awareness. Not everyone can maintain a position like this and for them "take shelter" may be their best option.

R,
Bullseye
I guess you could say a pine box is a form of shelter!

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Thu May 07, 2015 9:02 am

Nice to see someone who isn't blindly following. My Dr is part of a corporation that has a no-guns policy but has no signs. it is private property and they can do as they please and I can choose to use or not use them.

I don't get asked questions about firearms because they have treated me for shooter's elbow, so they know I have at least one firearm. They are rather insidious about asking me if I'm depressed. I was in yesterday for a consultation visit on a bunch of testing that turned into treating my upper chest crud and strep throat. They ask the usual list: have I been to Africa in the last 30 days, are you still taking med1, 2, 3, do you feel depressed, are you taking med 4....

They usually get "not your business" or "absolutely not" when I get the depressed questions. Some entities are using "depression" as a reason to disarm certain groups. I told the young, just out of the Army, nurse yesterday that she should be the one who is depressed as I was retired and likely to live a long time and she would be working to support me.