Got a Job

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Got a Job

Post by charlesb » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:31 pm

After thirty years of being unemployed, I wound up taking on a job the other day.

The Sheriff here has a little gun shop, but he has found it hard to keep it open, he's pretty busy with his Sheriffing job. I don't know what came over me, but I offered to act as a counter man for him, so he can start operating the store at more regular hours.

So I guess now, instead of being retired, I'll just be tired in the usual way.

Still waiting for an AFT inspector for my son's FFL, we have the gunsmithing shop ready to go, it had gotten to be too cluttered up.

Dunno what I'll do with the extra money, probably buy a new rifle, something like that.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:34 am

Congratulations on your new career.

R,
Bullseye

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:24 pm

It'll give me a good opportunity to get to know some more of the shooters here, and gossip a bit. There are bar stools there.

I took a liking to the Sheriff when my son and I took in a copy of Charles' FFL application for his records. - I had seen him driving around a time or two but had never spoken with him.

Running a counter at a gun store is old hat for me, I've done a lot of that in the past. I've gotten pretty used to working for myself, with my wife as the boss - but I guess I can adapt to the situation.

The Sheriff has never operated a store before. He was tickled to find somebody here in this little desert town who had some experience along those lines.

I figure having some extra bucks coming in on the side will make things go smoother for my son with his gunsmithing service. The general rule of thumb about new businesses is that they are an expensive hobby for the first year or two.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:17 am

The difficult part is moving inventory and choosing things to stock that typically will move in relatively short order.

R,
Bullseye

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:54 am

Congratulations

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:46 am

I'm going out to play golf today!