Remander are you Okay?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

CWFI34

Remander are you Okay?

Post by CWFI34 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:31 pm

Hi guys. I believe Remander lives in Louisiana . Posted same message on MarkII.org this morning. No reply yet. He could be very busy or just out of power. Let's keep him, and all those folks down there in our prayers.
Jim

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:21 pm

Great idea. I hope everything's all right with him and his family. There's also a lot of people in Mississippi suffering too. It will take a very long time to recover for those folks I'm sorry to say.

R,
Bullseye

Remander

Post by Remander » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:18 am

We are just fine up here in Shreveport, La., about 300 miles north of New Orleans. Thanks for asking about us.

I have a favor to ask of all of my gun-loving friends.

I encourage those of you who can to donate to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund (Katrina) or the charity of your choice that is helping those in need. There will never -- if we are lucky -- be a time in our lifetime when fellow Americans are more in need than they are right now.

Many of our neighbors in south Louisiana and Mississippi are hurting, and they need our help.

My city of Shreveport is housing thousands of evacuees, many of whom have lost everything. Other cities across the country are housing thousands of others, and they have my gratitude.

Several folks began pouring in here in advance of the storm, and others keep arriving by the busloads. There are many thousands of homeless and jobless people who are scattered across the state and region, sleeping on floors and air mattresses.

Two of my coworkers have 10 and 8 family members, respectively, sleeping on their floors. The evacuees came up from the New Orleans area for a typical (for us on the Gulf coast) three-day max hurricane evacuation and just brought a few clothes. The hurricanes or tropical storms usually dump a little water and knock over a few trees, and everyone goes home and cleans up. Now those few clothes they brought are all they have in the world. Another 30 folks from St. Bernard Parish gather at a home on our street each night for dinner; they are housed around town in four homes. (Their entire parish (county) is up to the rooftops in water.) That is just a sample. This is happening everywhere all across the state and region.

One coworker's elderly father lived above his leather goods store in the French Quarter. Thank God he left town at the last minute. His hand-crafted leather boots and belts are likely being sported by looters now, but at least he was not in there amongst them all.

My city of Shreveport has done a good job so far of responding to help the evacuees. We are all rounding up clothes, donating money to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, volunteering at shelters, etc.

I bought a couple of nice air mattresses for $10 at a garage sale last year and never have used them. I thought I would buy them "just in case." Well, that time has arrived. Air mattresses are about the hottest commodity in town right now. Some of my co-worker's family members are delighted to have them.

Please don't hold back on donations or other help because of the thugs you have seen on TV; they make my blood boil!!

Most of the folks who are now homeless and jobless are average working families. The people in south Louisiana and Mississippi are some of the poorest but also the most generous and wonderful people you could ever meet, and I know they would help you and me if the situation were reversed.

Most of the homes and jobs in these folks' city, parish and region were wiped out, and they were left with (maybe) the clothes on their backs. That is the situation that thousands of our fellow AMERICANS are facing, and I know they would be grateful for your help. Please consider making a donation of time or money to help these people in need.

Thanks again for asking about us,
Remander