Thanks Bullseye for Allowing Us to Continue on Here

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Thanks Bullseye for Allowing Us to Continue on Here

Post by arizona-hermit » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:07 am

I just read the terrible news about MarkII.org. I will sorely miss that place should it close its doors.

Your excellent offer to temporarily host the members until Rook can get things straightened out is great.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I have certainly learned many things from you in the past and hope to continue doing so for many years to come. I realize I certainly don't know all there is to know about my favorite hobby.

Thanks again :)

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Re: Thanks Bullseye for Allowing Us to Continue on Here

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:00 am

arizona-hermit wrote:I just read the terrible news about MarkII.org. I will sorely miss that place should it close its doors.

Your excellent offer to temporarily host the members until Rook can get things straightened out is great.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I have certainly learned many things from you in the past and hope to continue doing so for many years to come. I realize I certainly don't know all there is to know about my favorite hobby.

Thanks again :)
Welcome aboard! You're the first new member. :D

This idea came to me as I thought about when Mark II.org lost its host last month. It's really a great forum but; if something happened how could the membership stay in communication? I felt awkward posting Mark II.org updates on other rimfire forums, so this seemed like a great way to overcome that hurdle when it arose.

I hope that this forum will have the same friendly atmosphere as Mark II.org, I'll do my part to keep it that way. It'll be a little slow going at first because a great forum, like fine wine, takes time to age.

Welcome again.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:38 am

Got to agree with the Hermit on your offer Bullseye and glad to join this group also. Will miss MarkII if it has to shut down temporarily, as I havegained a lot of people who I value as friends on that forum like you fellow moderator Bullseye and Radar, Rook, Arizona Hermit, j57ltr, Boomer 47 and many others. :lol:

Bullseye looks as if youi have got a pretty good setup on your forum already and am glad to become a member.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:33 am

Welcome Bear and the Oldman too! Rich give Bear an extra dog cookie for me, he looks like he deserves one for being such a faithful companion.

I'm fortunate to have a family who shares my passion for the shooting sports and supports me in it. I'm also fortunate for the internet shooting family I've developed over the many years - especially friends like the ones at Mark II.org - since I've been contributing to the gun forums.

This is just a start for the forum. I haven't had much time to get it up and running like I want to yet. Time became critical with the recent announcement from Rook about the forum, so I had to act fast. It's not too bad considering I did it all in one day so far. Thank goodness my wife's a graphic artist with a special niche for web design - she has helped me immensely! Thanks to her, I have a great logo!

I really look forward to sharing ideas and learning new things from you and all the other great people I've met.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your becoming a member here at this forum.

Thanks,
Bullseye

dusty1025

Post by dusty1025 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:02 pm

if the level of sportsmanship and camradere of the MKII.org site is maintained here this will be a booming success.
Thanks Bullseye

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Family Support

Post by arizona-hermit » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:25 pm

You are indeed fortunate Bullseye.

My better half loves to shoot almost as much as I do. She is actually a better rifle shot than I am (probably because she has vision in both eyes still) but with point shooting pistols, she does not excel.

Fortunate indeed that you can share what you love with those you love.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:56 pm

So true, my fortunes do indeed run deep. Also, I am pleased that this website can be a benefit to those seeking greater knowledge in areas of the shooting sports. I do not profess to know everything but I do know a few things about shooting and willing to share what I know. But, the best part is that a forum feeds and grows off of its entire membership and the contributions that we all make together enrich us all.

I am truly pleased to have you all aboard and look forward to the similar brand of fellowship that has grown from the Mark II Forum.

I have put this together on the fly, so if you have suggestions about forum titles you'd like to see, please feel free to suggest them. Things will start off a little slow but I'm sure they'll catch on with time.

Thanks,
Bullseye

DancesWithSquirrels
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Hope this place really takes off

Post by DancesWithSquirrels » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:46 am

I haven't been on the MarkII site very long at all but was still sorry to read the bad news. Thanks for making this forum available. Seemed like a nice bunch of folks over there. Hope they all migrate here as well.

DWS

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:48 am

Hopefully Mark II.org won't go down. Rook and I were PM'ing each other furiously last night on ways to save the domain name. His main problem was funding. Hopefully he's got that all worked out, he was trying to change Host providers and that can be a little tricky when transferring over a fully functioning BBS website. I just remembered what happened last month and didn't want the membership overthere to be without a contingency plan. He is forecasting a month to get everything all cleared up, hopefully it won't take that long.

But, this website discussion forum will continue on regardless of what happens over there at Mark II.org. I plan to stay active at both forums. I never would have considered doing something like this on my own without the fellowship I've experienced there and the careful prodding by my family to have a place of my own.

Enjoy your stay and welcome aboard!

R,
Bullseye
Last edited by Bullseye on Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:52 am

and a "Big Texas Howdy" of appreciation and thanks.
I enjoy the helpful-style of this group. Mark-II.org is/was
my most-read forum. BullsEye, you're very generous to
provide this forum. thank you. I'm looking forword to the
continued discussions. and thanks to you all for letting me
wonder around here and still answer my questions and
keep me on the right track.
-- toyfj40

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by toyfj40 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:55 am

Anonymous wrote:and a "Big Texas Howdy" of appreciation and thanks.
I enjoy the helpful-style of this group. Mark-II.org is/was
my most-read forum. BullsEye, you're very generous to
provide this forum. thank you. I'm looking forword to the
continued discussions. and thanks to you all for letting me
wonder around here and still answer my questions and
keep me on the right track.
-- toyfj40
see what I mean... :lol:
just registered and posted the note,
without Logging-In.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:28 pm

Welcome toyfj40,

A big HOWDY right back at you. I'm looking forward to many discussions in the future too. Should be a great place, lots of great people, like yourself signing up.

I noticed the same 'Guest" moniker for Dances with Squirrels when he signed up. I'll have to go back and check my board settings and see if I can fix that.

In any case, enjoy the forum.

R,
Bullseye

RooK
Markiii.org Owner
Markiii.org Owner

Post by RooK » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:28 pm

Where would we be without Bullseye, I don't know. Thanks for loaning us use of this board in case the site goes down. Also, if we ever go down, I'll post here as a 'status report'. It should work out well. :)

Thanks Bullseye.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:22 pm

You're very welcome, and welcome aboard too! Having a solid contingency plan is a good thing, a little thing I learned well from my past military career.

I'm just very pleased that everything is working out for you with the Mark II.org forum. I was getting a little nervous late last night. That is such a great place that I'd hate to see it get stolen by the domain name vultures.

Many folks from there are signing up here too. I've been really busy these last few days. With your breaking news, I had to rush to get this website together and at the same time continue to rebuild the engine in my wife's car. I've been dashing back-and-forth from the garage to the computer just trying to stay on top of everything. I'm pleased to say not only did this site get off the ground but I drove the wife's car out of the garage late last night. Now, if I could just figure a way to find enough energy to finish building those two pistols waiting in the shop, I'd really have it good.

Tired but happy,
Bullseye

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:14 pm

Another great job Bullseye. I had a little trouble getting here, clicking on your link at the mk11.org posting just would not take with my browser, but here I am now, and glad you are taking up the slack.
I hope both forums can stay up and running and will contribute to the upkeep if needed.

Boomer47