Last 4 years?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Last 4 years?

Post by Hakaman » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Has your open shooting frequency gone up or down in the last 4 years?

For me, it has gone down. I still open shoot but just not as much due to the ammo shortage. I did buy 250rds of 9mm the other day, though.

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:39 pm

In my case, I am shooting a good deal more over the last two years, since I moved to West Texas. - The reason being that the gun club is only a few miles away from here, and at my last location it was a 25 mile drive.

The ammo shortage has impacted my shooting of rimfire firearms, I used to shoot a lot of .17HMR before I moved out west. Now I very seldom shoot rimfires even though I have ammunition for them.

Part of that is because I have been concentrating so heavily upon centerfire rifles lately. I tend to get single-minded about one thing, then abruptly switch gears and get single-minded about something else for a while. - It amazes me that I am still hung up on centerfire rifles but that's how it goes.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:21 pm

There was 300 rd package of CCI minimag ammo for $28 at Dicks Sporting Goods. Too much for my liking.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Less mostly because of the ammo shortage. I like to shoot rim fire... nuff said.

I did grab a 1000 Rd box of winchester " m22" For $50 at wally world the other day...
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:27 am

I'm not out as much as I used to be at the range. Mine is more a matter of time availability rather than ammo availability.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:13 pm

I shot less last year, only went to my range five times instead of the usual eight or nine. That's not as much as I'd like, either.

I have about 23k of .22LR, enough to last me at least four years of my usual shooting. But until I see stacks of Value Packs, and shelves of other .22, I feel like it may be my lifetime supply and I'm afraid to shoot much of it.

I don't see an end to The Shortage. There's nothing going on that will lead to any change in the situation we have now.

I'm honestly debating whether to turn all my rimfire investment into centerfire guns and basic reloading gear, before rimfires become unwanted paperweights I can't sell. But, reloading supplies seem in short supply, too. We just can't win.

The anti-guns should be screaming for a solution to the shortage, before everyone turns their fun little guns into fun big guns.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm

My center fire pistol ammo as increased over the last 4yrs. I have cut back on the rimfire, since I see very little of this on the shelfs.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911