?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

?

Post by ruger22 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:15 am

Z.Z.Z.Z.Z.Z.Z.Z.Z..........

Hasn't anybody done anything interesting in the last few days? Conserving ammo, maybe? I just hope everyone's okay, getting ready for lots of shooting?

I found a box of Winchester "333" Monday. Sportsman's Warehouse got in five of them (wow) and five bulk Thunderbolts (yawn). I couldn't believe the Thunderbolts went first. Maybe because they were 5.2 cents per round, vs. 6 cents for the Winchester? I got the next to last box of the ten. If it had been Thunderbolts, I would have let someone behind me get 'em. The "333" isn't all that good, but better than T-bolts.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm still going to the range on a regular basis. Just shot 200 45acp, 200 9mm and 50 rounds of 22lr Tuesday.... When you can reload center fire for less than 1/2 of shelf price. And 22's around here are still in short supply. It's getting near time for me to reorder bullets. I have plenty of powder and primers.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:48 pm

I've been trying to work out an adjustable over-travel stop for the trigger on my Winchester/Mikuru 1885 falling-block.

I did trigger work on the 1885 recently that got the trigger pull down to two pounds. Then I fired ten rounds to see how it did. - It did OK.

Am also getting ready to rust-blue an old bolt-action shotgun i have sitting around.

My 17HMR rifle, a Savage, made it to the range a few days ago. It was a bit too windy for the 17 though.
Last edited by charlesb on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:47 am

I've been too busy when the weather has cooperated enough (over 25*) to go shooting. I need to get out and knock the rust off..
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:27 pm

I've been so busy that I barely get here daily to sift out the Spammer registrations and quickly scan the boards for anyone who needs help.

I'm here I just don't have the spare time for extra conversations right now.

R,
Bullseye

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:54 am

I've only been slightly busy. I've been doing some consulting and it's taken up a few days. The weather here didn't make it conducive for shooting when I had the time. Snow, rain, rain. Also, I volunteered to lead a rally for my toy car club and that took two drives over the route before the real drive. 2.5 hours of backroad driving that ended up at a good barbecue joint. In this club, the eatery is as important as the route.

I made a dump run Tuesday and decided that it was warm, sunny and the range right on the way, if you didn't mind an additional 50 miles of driving. Great day for 1911's and .22's. Other than having a fit seeing the front sights.

So, now I have warm weather, lot's of pollen and waiting for pine pollen, guns that need shooting, ammo that might spoil if it doesn't get fired and a boat sorely in need of getting on the water. I thought this retirement thing was going to be easy. :lol: