Hunting Season Coming Up

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Hunting Season Coming Up

Post by charlesb » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:24 pm

Hunting Season! - What's that?

Click image to see it larger.

Mule deer herd out in the desert. A few weeks ago there was a herd in somebody's yard, right across the street from the Sul Ross State University here. The guy who lived there was in his garage messing with his car. They just ignored him.

If I was out hunting them of course, they'd be high-tailing it for the next county! :P

This is a good year for the critturs here. - The drought has eased up with lots more rain than usual.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: Hunting Season Coming Up

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:52 am

I may even get to hunt this year. I have not deer hunted in decades (4). The game camera has been picking up several bucks in the 6-10 point range on a regular basis. Does are only allowed during the Thanksgiving weekend in this county unless you get permits from the TP&W. I did not apply for any this year since It was too late to get by the time we decided too. My brother normally comes and hunts during Thanksgiving weekend. Since I'm here full time now I will have the opportunity to do so, too. The deer feeder is where I can see it from my back door. Even though they normally eat out of the bird feeders in the front yard. Normally this time of year is when the hogs :evil: show up. So I have an eye open checking for them. This is why I'm building a 458 SOCOM. Normally you see more than 1. My neighbor has been picking them up on his game camera, with one in the 400# range. Max distance for shooting on my place is just under 100 yrds not the shooting across the canyon like you may have to do.

With all of the rain that has hit this area we are no longer in a drought. 13" in 2 days will do that. But no flooding in my area that I noticed.

Good luck on you hunt when ever you get to go.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911