tactical solutions barrrel?

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

sonny

tactical solutions barrrel?

Post by sonny » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:22 am

went to a gun show and saw the barrel made by tactical solutions. almost bought one ? The are very light. Just wonder if anyone has ever used or shot one.. thanks

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:00 am

I do not have one but there are some folks here that do. Thus far, the reviews I've read have all been positive on the TacSol barrels. The only complaint I've heard, only by a few folks, who think they are too light. All have said the accuracy is very good.

R,
Bullseye

jjfunk
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jjfunk » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:14 pm

I have two of these and like them very much. They are very light. On a 22/45 frame maybe they would be considered "too" light. On my metal frames though, they feel very nice. They also shoot very well. FWIW

JJ
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago.

recumbent
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by recumbent » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:33 pm

jjfunk wrote:I have two of these and like them very much. They are very light. On a 22/45 frame maybe they would be considered "too" light. On my metal frames though, they feel very nice. They also shoot very well. FWIW

JJ
JJ:
I have a 6 inch pac lite on a MKII steel grip frame and the thing is loose on the frame. I have tried it on 2 steel MKII frames and a steel MKIII frame and it is loose on all of them.

With the pistol assembled holding the grip in one hand and the barrel in the other hand I can rotate the barrel left and right but not front to back. It is not near as accurate as my factory ruger barrels.

Do any of yours do this??

Bob

Click thumbnail to enlarge Image
"I seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions."
- Kwai Chang Caine -

recumbent
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by recumbent » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:25 pm

I just tried it on a friends MKII stainless frame and it fits tight.
guess it's time to see what I can do to tighten up my blue MKII frame and Pac lite barrel............
- Kwai Chang Caine -

jjfunk
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jjfunk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:04 pm

The pink one on the MKIII frame fits very very tight. The blue one on the older MKII had a very slight amount of slop, so I put a blast shield in and presto, no more slop. As to the accuracy, they seem to hold their own pretty well. The following targets were at 25 yds with a 2x pistol scope off of the bag. The MKIII 512 factory barrel did well, but not as good as the 8.5" pac-lite.

I would imagine that off-hand for pure silhouettes, that the factory barrels may have a slight "feel" advantage because of the weight addition though.

-edit- for anyone that cares, these are five shot groups.
JJ
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago.

recumbent
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by recumbent » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:21 pm

very nice groups JJ.

with my loose fit I get 10 shots spread over 3.5 inches at 25 yards. Not good.

and this is with a soda can shim in it.

I'm going to build up the lug in the frame with JB Weld maybe that will help.
- Kwai Chang Caine -

jjfunk
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jjfunk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:12 am

Have you tried "the vise method"? On my stainless lower, I used that method because it was just so loose.

JJ