Loaded Chamber ?

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:08 pm

Welcome!

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Bullseye wrote:Welcome!

R,
Bullseye
like he said
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

lund329

Thank you very much for the welcoming...

Post by lund329 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:16 pm

I've been lurking for some time now trying to soak up a bit of your vast experience and hope you don't mind. I "made my way" to Mr. Bullseye's forum by way of another very popular Ruger and yet another M1911 forum. I recognize some of your userid's...and stand in your shadow's of the expertise. Anyway, I bought my first revolver back in '75, a new S&W model 27-2 .357 nickel w/ a 8 3/8" barrel. Since moving to the great state of Missouri by way of Illinois and a short 7 year stint though Iowa, it was like night and day what with the gun laws and didn't take me long to receive my CCW. Since then, I've gotten a S&W 686-6 3", and my favorite...a Kimber .45 Super Match II. I love my .45... Oh yeah, I also covet a Ruger MKIII Hunter stainless w/ a 6 7/8 barrel. I also have assorted rifles and shotguns. Again, thank you all for being "there" with us newbies when we're trying to learn the maintence and limits of these very important tools that have been so important to the human race. :wink:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:40 am

I've posted on a lot on other forums but lately I haven't had much time to scan them for folks who need help so I've pretty much just stayed here. It doesn't matter where you came from we're just glad you're here.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Re: Thank you very much for the welcoming...

Post by greener » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:12 am

lund329 wrote:I've been lurking for some time now trying to soak up a bit of your vast experience and hope you don't mind. I "made my way" to Mr. Bullseye's forum by way of another very popular Ruger and yet another M1911 forum. I recognize some of your userid's...and stand in your shadow's of the expertise. Anyway, I bought my first revolver back in '75, a new S&W model 27-2 .357 nickel w/ a 8 3/8" barrel. Since moving to the great state of Missouri by way of Illinois and a short 7 year stint though Iowa, it was like night and day what with the gun laws and didn't take me long to receive my CCW. Since then, I've gotten a S&W 686-6 3", and my favorite...a Kimber .45 Super Match II. I love my .45... Oh yeah, I also covet a Ruger MKIII Hunter stainless w/ a 6 7/8 barrel. I also have assorted rifles and shotguns. Again, thank you all for being "there" with us newbies when we're trying to learn the maintence and limits of these very important tools that have been so important to the human race. :wink:
Welcome to the forum. Nice guns.

I like the Hunter, it was the first Ruger I bought. I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with the Hi-Viz sights. The Hunter was my introduction to several Ruger .22 semi-auto's.

lund329

Regarding the Hi-Viz sights...

Post by lund329 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:35 am

You probably already know this Greener but if not, you can call Ruger and they will send you the square notch rear sight free. I just did but haven't received it yet. At the moment, I have a red dot mounted anyway.

greener

Re: Regarding the Hi-Viz sights...

Post by greener » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:54 pm

lund329 wrote:You probably already know this Greener but if not, you can call Ruger and they will send you the square notch rear sight free. I just did but haven't received it yet. At the moment, I have a red dot mounted anyway.
Yep or I could get sights from another manufacturer. I've shot the pistol with a red dot, 4x scope and the Hi-Viz sights. I can see the Hi-Viz sights better than the standard iron sights, but there are days that I don't shoot as well with them. I've decided to leave them as is for now. I have a MKII678GC, MKII22/45 and MKIII 22/45 that have the iron sights. I can just switch pistols if I'm on one of my "hate" days.