Prairie dog sisters have come to town

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:59 am

I bet your P'dogs are gonna sleep well this winter, hibernating. According to the almanac, we are going to have a cold/dry winter. Sounds like a "stay inside" type winter. Check this out:
http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/a ... weather-be
GA
ps... in the northern valley's of detroit it's supposed to be sunny and mild.

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tigerbeetle » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:31 am

It was only 21 degrees when I left house this morning. Supposed to get up to 50 today and a few degrees warmer tomorrow. But Saturday it is supposed to turn around, rain and get colder again. My black dawgs are going to turn grey before I ever have a chance to put a hole in them. :cry:

Hak, I am still vacillating between the Savage MK II g (like BOAM got, I think) and the CZ 452 American. Money is kind of tight, and the Savage would suit my meager bank account better, but the CZ is awful nice as well. And I could always take the scope of my Mossy 44B and put the peeps back on it and use the Intensity 6.5x24 on the 452, saving some money that way. And I could do the same if I get the Savage. Is the CZ really worth the extra hundred? :? TB
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 am

Glockalong, supposedly this after noon and tomorrow the temp is supposed to make the mid to high 30's, that is good enough to take the ladies for a short range trip. Besides that, Petey has challenged TAZ, he thinks he can handle them .38's.
TB, as far as I can see for $200.00, I believe that was all I had in the Savage, is the way to go. Got a great trigger and a floated barrel from the start and mine shoots very well.
Have a great day, Skipalong Hoppity. :lol:
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Hak, I am still vacillating between the Savage MK II g (like BOAM got, I think) and the CZ 452 American.
That's a call only you can make. I have a Savage Varmit in 243 that I really like. Like OM says, floating barrel and accutrigger. I am happy with mine. Good luck
Haka
Glockalong, supposedly this after noon and tomorrow the temp is supposed to make the mid to high 30's, that is good enough to take the ladies for a short range trip.
If the sisters get out tomorrow, introduce them to some lead for me. I know when I go out in cold weather, it takes a lot of the fun out of the event. If you go, let us know how you faired, if not, we'll wait til the weather gets better to hear about it, no probs.
GA

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:16 pm

bearandoldman wrote:Glockalong, supposedly this after noon and tomorrow the temp is supposed to make the mid to high 30's, that is good enough to take the ladies for a short range trip. Besides that, Petey has challenged TAZ, he thinks he can handle them .38's.
TB, as far as I can see for $200.00, I believe that was all I had in the Savage, is the way to go. Got a great trigger and a floated barrel from the start and mine shoots very well.
I have the same Savage.....Its Probably the best Gun for the $$ out there

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Sunny and 40 here today, went to the range and poped a few caps....good day to be out.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:58 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:Glockalong, supposedly this after noon and tomorrow the temp is supposed to make the mid to high 30's, that is good enough to take the ladies for a short range trip. Besides that, Petey has challenged TAZ, he thinks he can handle them .38's.
I have the same Savage.....Its Probably the best Gun for the $$ out there
Mine is a left hand as I shoot that way, all my other guns are right handers, but it has never bothered me in the least bit.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:08 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:Sunny and 40 here today, went to the range and poped a few caps....good day to be out.
Was not quite that warm here only about 37F, but no sun and about a 20 mph SW wind, skies crappy grew and unpleasant, but Bear and I took Nyla and the prairie dog girls out to the range. Took the K2.5 off Henry and mounted it on the 66, bore sighting was adequate and we were hitting the ladies easily at 25 yards with Fed bulk. Dialed the scope in a little better and did shoot one about 3/4 outside dia group with Fiocchi 22 CRN before we left. Actually that wa Mostly just shooting the doggie girls and having fun until the chill started to creep in and we headed for home. Nyla, the Nylon 66 is a really sweet shooter and has not malfunctioned yet, fun gun to shoot as it is so light you can actually feel the recoil.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:27 pm

You showed the ladies what they are in for come summer.
H