Greetings

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:08 pm

Hakaman wrote:Actually, I like wearing black, I think it looks sharp. Not necessarily the pants hopalong had on, though.
H
Now them were something else, B&W never knew the difference.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:13 pm

I probably have worn "golf trousers" that would make those look tame.
fore.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:51 pm

I somehow remember one Hoppy movie I saw as a kid. Must have been one of his later ones, as he had a white hat.

There's a shack full of bad guys at the top of a wooded hill, blasting away with lever actions at Hoppy, who's marching up the hill in the wide open. They never touch him, of course, but he gets a BG with every shot of his, yes, the ever amazing thousand shooter single action............. :lol:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:20 am

ruger22 wrote:I somehow remember one Hoppy movie I saw as a kid. Must have been one of his later ones, as he had a white hat.

There's a shack full of bad guys at the top of a wooded hill, blasting away with lever actions at Hoppy, who's marching up the hill in the wide open. They never touch him, of course, but he gets a BG with every shot of his, yes, the ever amazing thousand shooter single action............. :lol:
I drive my wife nuts watching modern "action" movies. I'm alway hollering about how Bad Guys with a couple of thousand dollars worth of Tactical Rifle with another couple of thousand worth of laser sights and such can't hit the broad side of a barn with a thousand rounds, but the Good Guy can drop 'em from a hundred yards with a single shot from an S&W snubbie...
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:40 am

I keep trying to find the sparky bullets they use on TV and in the movies. You know those copper-jacketed lead bullets that spark when they hit trees, bricks, wooden walls....

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:34 am

greener wrote:I keep trying to find the sparky bullets they use on TV and in the movies. You know those copper-jacketed lead bullets that spark when they hit trees, bricks, wooden walls....
Very difficult to obtain, by special permit to only a select few, may only be purchased in Kalyforni, you might call Arnalt to help you.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:49 pm

I keep trying to find the sparky bullets
Those must be very special bullets, they never hit any pedestrians, and for that matter, very few good guys. Did hopalong ever get hit.
G