Christmas gift ?

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Christmas gift ?

Post by Hakaman » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:39 am

What did you get for Christmas? It doesn't have to be big or expensive, but what did you get for Christmas that you happy to see?
I got a Wilderness "Original Instructor Belt" w/free 5 stitching in Coyote tan, 1.75". So far I love it, and it's the only belt I have been wearing since I opened the package. Here it is:
http://store.thewilderness.com/product_ ... uvi077e2b4
Haka

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:52 am

Santa was extremely good this year.

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:58 am

Sarah Palin's book, Going Rogue. Love it.

Merry Christmas to all
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Merry Christmas to all hope you were all blessed. I don't have any pics but my good wife got me the SW mp15-22, and its a shooter.The gun and the wife are keepers and to think I'v only had her 25 years...

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:24 pm

Eagle wrote:Merry Christmas to all hope you were all blessed. I don't have any pics but my good wife got me the SW mp15-22, and its a shooter.The gun and the wife are keepers and to think I'v only had her 25 years...
Don't really need much, I got Ma and Bear and they let me buy the toys I want. They are a couple of keepers, bear has been with us coming up on 10 years and Ma has been putting up with me for over 52.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:36 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
Eagle wrote:Merry Christmas to all hope you were all blessed. I don't have any pics but my good wife got me the SW mp15-22, and its a shooter.The gun and the wife are keepers and to think I'v only had her 25 years...
Don't really need much, I got Ma and Bear and they let me buy the toys I want. They are a couple of keepers, bear has been with us coming up on 10 years and Ma has been putting up with me for over 52.
After a while, that's about all you really need and you realize how fortunate you are to have them.

I'm enjoying watching Ms. greener play with granddaughter.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:34 pm

greener wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:
After a while, that's about all you really need and you realize how fortunate you are to have them.

I'm enjoying watching Ms. greener play with granddaughter.
Wish I could see my grandchildren more often but they are all too far away. My oldest son in CO has my granddaughter recently married of 23 and my grandson in the Navy at 21. Youngest daughter also in CO has my twin grandsons of 7 and another at 10. Oldest daughter in Fl has my granddaughter of 9 and grandson of 6. You know that i could be great grandfather any time now, Grandson-in-law is a 2nd looey ROTC Army Ranger and will deploy for a year in Iraq I believe sometime next year.

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:18 pm

Holy cow, old man. She must be a saint to have put up with you for over half a century. I figured I must be a saint for putting up with my spouse for 25 years.

Y

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:56 pm

Yleefox wrote:Holy cow, old man. She must be a saint to have put up with you for over half a century. I figured I must be a saint for putting up with my spouse for 25 years.

Y
You know, I think she must be also. The other day I asked her, how the Hell have you put up with me all these years, she didn't answer, just smiled. Whatever she sees in me Ihave no idea but I sure am glad she foes.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:01 pm

Believe it or not, the Hakaman isn't married, although I have been seeing the same gal for 20 years now. Yes, she has her place, and I have mine. Whenever we get tired of seeing each other, we just go to our own homes. So we get along pretty good. We exchanged gifts this year as usual, but HakaClaus also treats me to a few gifts as well. New grips, and a new 9mm, (9mm just hasn't arrived yet?) Probably the best gift so far was having all the family together for Christmas dinner and gifts at my place.
Ho ho ho, Haka
Last edited by Hakaman on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:08 pm

Hakaman wrote:Well, believe it or not, the Hakaman isn't married, although I have been seeing the same gal for 20 years now. Yes, she has her place, and I have mine. Whenever we get tired of seeing each other, we just go to our own homes. So we get along pretty good. We exchanged gifts this year as usual, but HakaClaus also treats me to a few gifts as well. New grips, and a new 9mm, (9mm just hasn't arrived yet?) Probably the best gift so far was having all the family together for Christmas dinner and gifts at my place.
Ho ho ho, Haka
Now there is one intelligent young lady :lol: :lol:

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:22 pm

Now there is one intelligent young lady
Ha ha ha

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:31 am

Hakaman wrote:
Now there is one intelligent young lady
Ha ha ha
Haka you are a great one, wish it would get warm enough to shoot some of that Eley up.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:48 am

Haka you are a great one, wish it would get warm enough to shoot some of that Eley up.
It will be warm in just 5 short months. Michigan has a way of not letting go of winter, so, maybe 6 months. Your Eley should be well seasoned by then.
Haka

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:05 am

Hakaman wrote:
It will be warm in just 5 short months. Michigan has a way of not letting go of winter, so, maybe 6 months. Your Eley should be well seasoned by then.
Haka
I didn't think we had any short moths in the winter, I thought they were all loooooooooooooong ones. If it gets above freezing and little wind, I will get in a half hour or so, being old and stupid does have some advantages. Sure do miss the indoor range I belonged to that closed because of lack of business, it was great, 25 yards indoors.