Gotta respect those sale quantity limits

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Gotta respect those sale quantity limits

Post by bebloomster » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:08 pm

Spent a good part of the morning calling around looking for small pistol primers. Most all of the local stores said they haven't seen any in probably 6 months or more. One of the big box sporting goods stores though said they did have some Remington #1 1/2 in stock. I generally prefer Federal but it's gotten to the point where I have to settle for what I can find. They said they had a 500 primers per day per customer limit. Since it is about a 40 mile one-way drive for me I asked them to set 1000 aside and my wife and I would be there in about an hour.... 2 customers equals 1000 primers.

Was just getting ready to leave when the wife said she just didn't feel like the drive.... so ended up going by myself. Figured the the worst I could do is come back with only 500 instead of the 1000 that I wanted. Turned out that I had no need to worry. The counter clerk just picked up the box of 1000 with my name on it and charged me accordingly. I asked her if there was a purchase limit and she recited the company 500 per customer per day mantra. Said that she had just sold me 1000 and that was twice what she was supposed to. I asked what would happen if I came back in 10 minutes... her answer was "just as long as I'm not the clerk". So put the box of 1000 in my pocket along with the receipt and waited for another clerk to become available. Asked for small pistol primers and he came up with another box of 1000. Said that there was a 500 primer limit though. So I asked if he could sell another 500 to the mythical guy standing behind me or to my wife who isn't there either. His reply was something to the effect of "stupid policy anyway". Turned out to be worth the 80 mile round trip... now I have a couple thousand primers. Should keep me going for another 3 months or so (if I take it easy).
A day without sunshine is like..... night.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:26 am

It pays to be nice to the clerks. They don't create the store policies, they just have to implement them. Too often they are on the receiving end of a disgruntled customer's rant. I'm glad it worked out for you.

R,
Bullseye

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 pm

SOOOOooo, that's where all the primers went....

:wink:

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:53 pm

Nope.... there were still at least 6000 on their shelf when I left.
A day without sunshine is like..... night.