unable to get to field strip procedures

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

radio
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

unable to get to field strip procedures

Post by radio » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Is anybody else having the same issues that I am? I have tried several times over the past couple of days to get to the field strip procedures, etc, but another web page (Black Internet) keeps popping up. I did, however, finally make it here to the forum where I was able to log in.

I won't be able to make it without Bullseye's excellent break down of the Ruger pistols. :(

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:28 pm

What you have is add value, part of Microsoft's OS.

Sounds like your Browser has been hijacked. You need to scan for viruses and adware. With at least 2 different sources. A lot of cases it easier/faster to reload the os with all of the security updates. Then on a PC it is a MUST to run Antivirus and Adware protection software. Do not install anything that you do not know the source, bootleg (non legal) software.

The down side to doing this is that you must have backups of data, photos, music, etc.....

Now you can try using the restore feature of the OS to a know good date and see if that works.

Good luck, some of these are a bear to remove.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:57 pm

I just went to the service page and everything loaded just fine. I am using a Mac on this application and perhaps this is a PC related issue. Bearandoldman emailed me over the weekend with a similar problem on his laptop computer. His stand alone PC was fine. Try loading the http address (via copy and paste) into your web browser's address window and then go to the service page that way.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Bullseye wrote:I just went to the service page and everything loaded just fine. I am using a Mac on this application and perhaps this is a PC related issue. Bearandoldman emailed me over the weekend with a similar problem on his laptop computer. His stand alone PC was fine. Try loading the http address (via copy and paste) into your web browser's address window and then go to the service page that way.

R,
Bullseye
I erased the forum address from my favorites menu. I then put in the address of the home page and it worked all right, jusst had to click on forums to get to it then, Ran my virus program, the saved the forum address to favorites and it has been working well since.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Did you install any programs lately? You may have had some DNS posioning. DNS is a server that converts web sites address to IP numbers. This can normally be cleaned up by purging your cache files. I see this most when some one installs a Tool Bar, it takes over every thing.

If you still have problems later on just delete all temp files and caches. Then restart your computer. If that does not work, let me know what OS your running and I will give you a cmd line to flush the DNS and reset it.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

radio
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by radio » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:45 am

Like oldman, I just deleted the link from my Bookmarks (Mozilla), Googled Gun Talk, clicked on and saved back to Bookmarks--works like a charm. I have 2 anti-virus programs that run regularly on a schedule. All seems to be clear at this point.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:49 am

radio wrote:Like oldman, I just deleted the link from my Bookmarks (Mozilla), Googled Gun Talk, clicked on and saved back to Bookmarks--works like a charm. I have 2 anti-virus programs that run regularly on a schedule. All seems to be clear at this point.
Just sounds too simple but it did work for both of us, and yes, I also have antri virus programs that run regularly.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.