CROSSOVER STOCK

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

CROSSOVER STOCK

Post by jaeger45 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:07 pm

For right-handed folks with left-eye dominance:

From Otter Bob of New Independence Forum who is exactly in this -er-rr, "situation"- he apparently is right-handed but is also left-eye dominant.
otterbob wrote:
KIMBER45 wrote:
Kabalbalan wrote:I'm right handed and left eye dominant. I'm going to try shooting in my left hand and see if I can improve my shooting.

I was researching about eye dominance also as I'm interested in acquiring a bow in the near future. And it would seem that it could be a problem if I don't fix how I shoot.

My choices would be to start shooting lefty, or stick with my right. I also shoot with both eyes open which is comfortable with me.
I've got a cyberpal in a string consisting of six gals and I as the only rose among the thorns, hehehe... Five are Pinays and one is a white Texan girl who loves to shoot.

This Yellow Rose of Texas is just like you: shoots with the right hand but is left-eye dominant. She says she has to move her head farther to the right of the gun to use the left eye. Difficult, but she's gotten used to it- and she said she'd learned how to keep clear of the ejected empties.
Listen up Folks !!!

Do not train to shoot “Wrong Handed” to compensate for an opposite eye dominance !

Do not use tape, eye patches, or other gimmicks.

The simplest and best solution is to mount the gun the way it “Feels” Right !
So from someone that has taught many to shoot, use a crossover stock so that everything “lines up” naturally and correctly.

Otter Bob

New Independence Forum

http://www.help-build-a-community.com/phpbb3
http://progunfilipino.20.forumer.com/vi ... =4968#4968
A bad shot is often caused by a loose nut behind the buttplate