My latest MK II

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

NGIB

My latest MK II

Post by NGIB » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Picked this stainless slab-side up on a trade. It was wearing those huge VQ target grips but I replaced them with Hogue's. Also added a fiber-optic front sight. May shoot this one tonight.

BTW, anyone wanting the VQ grips, shoot me a PM as I'll sell them cheap...

We sleep safe abed at night only because rough men stand ready in the dark to do violence on our behalf - George Orwell

USAF-Retired

smokey
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by smokey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Nice :D I have been looking for a Mark ll for a while but have not been successful in finding one yet.

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:19 pm

PM sent on the grips.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:09 pm

Looks like you done good finding that one. I don't see many around. Enjoy.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Nice looking gun. I hope you like the fiber optic front sight, they're not for everyone.

R,
Bullseye

NGIB

Post by NGIB » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:30 pm

Bullseye wrote:Nice looking gun. I hope you like the fiber optic front sight, they're not for everyone.

R,
Bullseye
I have them on my Mark III and one of my 1911s as well. I like them for pin shoots as I pick them up quickly...
We sleep safe abed at night only because rough men stand ready in the dark to do violence on our behalf - George Orwell

USAF-Retired

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Then you're all set. I also noticed that pistol has an 'old style' VQ Target Trigger. Some folks didn't like those because the finger pad area is wider than the trigger guard so VQ changed the design to the style they have out now.

R,
Bullseye

NGIB

Post by NGIB » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:01 pm

Bullseye wrote:Then you're all set. I also noticed that pistol has an 'old style' VQ Target Trigger. Some folks didn't like those because the finger pad area is wider than the trigger guard so VQ changed the design to the style they have out now.

R,
Bullseye
I actually got that trigger in a Mk II 22/45 and I really liked it. I put it in this one and it really feels good - I wish they still made them as I'd put one in my Mk III Hunter as well...

USAF-Retired

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:33 am

I actually liked the old style VQ trigger too. It was like having a built in 'trigger shoe' to spread out the feel of the trigger weight on your finger pad. The new style has the the pivot angle change and some extra material for the external pretravel screw.

R,
Bullseye