All installed..wow

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Dri-Wash

All installed..wow

Post by Dri-Wash » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:03 pm

Wow, I am just amazed how good it came out, My mark II is a Hot Rod.

Here is a link to the pictures.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/ ... mark%20II/

Please let me know what you think.

Tom

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Looks pretty good Tom! That yellow and wood grip really highlights the rest of the pistol. How's the fit in your hand?

R,
Bullseye

Dri-Wash

Post by Dri-Wash » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Bullseye wrote:Looks pretty good Tom! That yellow and wood grip really highlights the rest of the pistol. How's the fit in your hand?

R,
Bullseye
Bullseye, The fit is amazing, it is just like they had measured my hand.

Tom

greener

Post by greener » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:57 am

Very nice looking pistol.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:04 am

Looks good, Those grips sure stand out. Hope she shoots as good as she looks.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:12 pm

I like the grips, a lot.... good lookin' pistola. how's it shoot with the scope?

Dri-Wash

Post by Dri-Wash » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:I like the grips, a lot.... good lookin' pistola. how's it shoot with the scope?
bgreenea3, This mk II is a tac driver. It likes cci mini-mags and eleys. the scope is a 2x LER with a duplex cross hairs. Friend of mine has one with a red dot and I personnaly like the 2x scope better.

thanks for the questions,

Tom

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:08 pm

I figured that the grips would fit well, the volthane rubber grips always seem to fit well. These new grips are just a laminated version of the rubberized ones.

R,
Bullseye

aomiii

Post by aomiii » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Wow, very hot. Congratulations.

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:39 pm

That came out looking real nice.....love the way the Rugers shoot, I have a 22/45 4" slab side. good gun.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Dri-Washbgreenea3 wrote: This mk II is a tac driver. It likes cci mini-mags and eleys. the scope is a 2x LER with a duplex cross hairs. Friend of mine has one with a red dot and I personnaly like the 2x scope better.

I try to shoot irons only on my 22's but i've been thinkin' a scope or a dot might be fun too....I might have to look into getting mine drilled and tapped

greener

Post by greener » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:26 pm

Dri-Wash wrote:
bgreenea3 wrote:I like the grips, a lot.... good lookin' pistola. how's it shoot with the scope?
bgreenea3, This mk II is a tac driver. It likes cci mini-mags and eleys. the scope is a 2x LER with a duplex cross hairs. Friend of mine has one with a red dot and I personnaly like the 2x scope better.

Tom
I have a Leupold 4X that is a bit too much magnification for any unsupported shooting. Great from a rest at 50 yards. For up to 25 yards, I think I prefer the red dots.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 pm

greener wrote:
Dri-Wash wrote:

Tom
I have a Leupold 4X that is a bit too much magnification for any unsupported shooting. Great from a rest at 50 yards. For up to 25 yards, I think I prefer the red dots.
Ya got to go with enough scope to get the job done properly, have not shot this setup in a long time. A few years ago at the indoor range with the 2.5-10X scope on it I did shoot a couple o=f 5 shot groups under 1/8 inch centersImageImage
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:33 am

Nice shooting, better than I ever have done, but I have only shot bulk ammo.

I have a 2x scope on mine and at time feel it's not enough. Wishing I had a 2x7 power on mine. Yesterday at the range I tried to see how tight of a group I could shoot using bags. What I discovered was the target it self was swinging, which made it a little more challenging. Along with the bench height not very good for shooting from, too short and height. I did put together a 3/4" group at 25 yrds using bulk ammo (fed 750). Which I thought was pretty good considering I had to time my shots with the target swinging. This was at an indoor range that uses trollies to run the targets down range.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:55 am

blue68f100 wrote:Nice shooting, better than I ever have done, but I have only shot bulk ammo.

I have a 2x scope on mine and at time feel it's not enough. Wishing I had a 2x7 power on mine. Yesterday at the range I tried to see how tight of a group I could shoot using bags. What I discovered was the target it self was swinging, which made it a little more challenging. Along with the bench height not very good for shooting from, too short and height. I did put together a 3/4" group at 25 yrds using bulk ammo (fed 750). Which I thought was pretty good considering I had to time my shots with the target swinging. This was at an indoor range that uses trollies to run the targets down range.
Those groups were shot in 2007, so they were sot st the indoor range I belonged to at that time. Great range a 10 lane bay and a 4 lane bay of programmable targets to 25 yards and a trap capable of .50BMG. You could program targets to edge out and move to different distances nd open for different times and the got to another distance an do the same thing. Great range but lack of business caused them to close the doors.
Those groups were most likely shot with the 2.5 to 10 Tasco. Photo shows it with the 6 to 24 Tasco and the wobble stabilizer, it really helps.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.