On 22 ammo

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:23 pm

My new Mossberg 44(d) arrived today and it's a real looker. If it shoots as good as it looks I'll be a very happy man. About 3 hours worth of disassembly and cleaning brought it to in "as new" condition. Two things are most interesting about this particular rifle, 1) the stock is dark walnut, and 2) it has an adjustable trigger (lightest setting is 4Lbs 5oz so I'll have to work on the springs a bit).

Cleaned and re-assembled

All the stock needed was a good cleaning and a bit of polishing

Wearing a scope

Makes a good companion

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:17 pm

From the pictures the new rifle appears to be in excellent shape - congratulations.

R,
Bullseye

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:05 am

Thanks Bullseye, I am happy with it but lets see how it shoots.

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:48 pm

I say I should keep my new Mossberg 44US(d), you think? All targets are 7 shots each, different manufacturer ammo. Seems to shoot just about everything well but it sure does like the gold medal and Velocitors.

Shots not touching one another is due to me not the rifle.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Looks like a keeper!

R,
Bullseye

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Mon May 05, 2008 6:39 am

Gentlemen, yesterday I had the opportunity to handle a Remington 40X. The man that had it (a local gunsmith and parts guy) got it from CMP years back. What a rifle! Says it shoots very accurately so I guess there's another rifle to start looking for :oops:

Yesterday I also had the time to shoot my 44US(d) and loved every minute of it. Rigged an interesting target, a bell with a gulf ball at the end of it.

Took about 10 shots to break the ball off so I rigged a iron pipe at the end of the bell. Loved the immediate feedback so I guess I'll have to land an iron ball sometime soon.

Here's a Mossberg bolt action shotgun I recently refinished. Bought the gun for its pretty stock more than anything else, I think it turned out rather well.

Last edited by gcp on Mon May 05, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam67
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Adam67 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:58 am

Very nice.......funny how this ended up in the handgun section and in an ammo thread. :)

Song Dawg
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Song Dawg » Mon May 05, 2008 3:06 pm

Adam67 wrote:Very nice.......funny how this ended up in the handgun section and in an ammo thread. :)
Yeah, was thinkin' the same thing. Too nice to risk not having everyone see it! ...and always like seein' the improvised targets! :D

SD

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Mon May 05, 2008 5:30 pm

My friends, I too was skeptical about posting the shotgun pics here, this thread has gone after all from handgun 22 ammo, to rifle 22 ammo, to Mossberg rifles, and now to Mossberg shotguns. But I wanted to share with those of you who've been following this thread my latest escapades. If you mind I do apologize for this huge drift!!

Bulleye, do you think you should move this thread to the rifle section where it'll be more a appropriate fit?

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by toyfj40 » Mon May 05, 2008 6:34 pm

If you'd move to Texas... you wouldn't have so many trees
in your way... --grin

nice all-round set-up... looks like a great place to relax.
-- toy

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Mon May 05, 2008 7:07 pm

Relax you say? Here's what I built in between shooting this weekend. Expect it'll help keep my hops upright...but I can't wait to harvest and put it to good use in my home made brews :D

Actually you are right toy, I look forward to going up there every weekend 'cause I love it so, it truly is relaxing no matter how much manual labor I end up putting in it. Of course now and then friends drop by unexpectedly to disturb my peace and serenity but it's all part of life's fun I guess.

kc5gxc

Post by kc5gxc » Tue May 06, 2008 7:50 pm

I have one of those Mossberg CMP .22's and it is the best shooting .22 I have.
Pete/MS

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Wed May 07, 2008 6:34 am

toy, forgot to mention that mine are special trees, they quickly learn to get out of my shooting way :lol: :lol: :lol: Smart pine don't ya think?

gcp
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by gcp » Sun May 11, 2008 5:28 pm

For anyone interested in the continuation of this thread but in its appropriate place please got to:

http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=887

[EDIT] I have locked this topic to prevent any further posting of rifle info info in the rimfire handgun forum. I probably should have done this long ago but I never anticipated 5 pages of follow-up replies to this thread. If you want to continue the discussion go to the link posted above - thanks, Bullseye