Ammo FTF

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue May 19, 2009 8:06 am

KAZ, I really don't remember any of us twisting your arm and forcing you to buy a Henry lever If you really need someone to blame it was Hak, because I was looking for a 1911 for him when I bought Henry.
Since taking Henry from the shop and directly to the range and then to his new home, I cannot remember having a fail to anything other than to hit the center of the target and that is usually an operator problem. H shoots well with Fed bulk, but better with Fiocchi #22CRN, Eley Sport and Centurion, but that is about all that I have tried in him. My 10/22's vary in accuracy with Fed bulk, but the others listed shoot well in the including CCI-SV. My 10/22T shoot CCI Blazer well the others vary but rarely have any feed, extract or fire failures. My 22/45's and my Duramatic usually only get Federal bulk as their accuracy with that ammo exceed the accuracy of the operator. The Great Eight when scoped and rested will shoot that good ammo into a 1/4 inch or less at 25 yard, that is the only hand gun that gets the good stuff. Did have a box of Rem GB's years ago but had problems and conveniently forgot to take them home from the range one day, hope they found a good home.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Tue May 19, 2009 10:00 am

bearandoldman it just makes me sad when one of our members that I hold in the highest of esteem does an less than honorable thing. I mean that we all know that the reason ammo becomes bulk is that it starts off Match and then fails until we have a brick of bargain bulk. Some lots are OK which makes us feel good about bulk, and some boxes of bulk were comprised of floor sweepings and turn the finest pistola into a Jamamatic. So, imagine the joy of a fellow shooter stumbling into your brick of faulty bulk. First, for a few seconds the would be shooter feels a pang of guilt and knows that he should turn in the box of accidentaly left behind ammo to the club office. Then he gets past that and the finders keepers thing from his childhood, and the sad fact that for the unprepared(non hoarders) ammo is hard to find and expensive takes over. Smiling he then happily loads up with his new found bonanza, and we all know that the happiness is short lived :twisted:

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue May 19, 2009 10:11 am

KAZ wrote:bearandoldman it just makes me sad when one of our members that I hold in the highest of esteem does an less than honorable thing. I mean that we all know that the reason ammo becomes bulk is that it starts off Match and then fails until we have a brick of bargain bulk. Some lots are OK which makes us feel good about bulk, and some boxes of bulk were comprised of floor sweepings and turn the finest pistola into a Jamamatic. So, imagine the joy of a fellow shooter stumbling into your brick of faulty bulk. First, for a few seconds the would be shooter feels a pang of guilt and knows that he should turn in the box of accidentaly left behind ammo to the club office. Then he gets past that and the finders keepers thing from his childhood, and the sad fact that for the unprepared(non hoarders) ammo is hard to find and expensive takes over. Smiling he then happily loads up with his new found bonanza, and we all know that the happiness is short lived :twisted:
But some guys like GB's, Hakaman seems to have no problem with it. It must not be that bad or Remington would not still be making it. Like the old timer down South said when the Yankee asked him if he ever made any bad shine, It' all good but some is just better than others"

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue May 19, 2009 2:34 pm

If you really need someone to blame it was Hak, because I was looking for a 1911 for him when I bought Henry.
I'm not sure why I'm gonna do this, but, I'll take the blame for you folks being hypnotized into purchasing the Henry's. Confession is good for the soul.
But some guys like GB's, Hakaman seems to have no problem with it.
Some pistols seem to require being "broke in" with better ammo and then they will run on the bulk fodder.
I di mention I clean my Ruger often, didn't I?
Haka

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue May 19, 2009 2:48 pm

Hakaman wrote:
If you really need someone to blame it was Hak, because I was looking for a 1911 for him when I bought Henry.
I'm not sure why I'm gonna do this, but, I'll take the blame for you folks being hypnotized into purchasing the Henry's. Confession is good for the soul.
But some guys like GB's, Hakaman seems to have no problem with it.
Some pistols seem to require being "broke in" with better ammo and then they will run on the bulk fodder.
I di mention I clean my Ruger often, didn't I?
Haka
I pretty much use nothing but Fed bulk in my pistols because the ammo and the gun will outshoot me any day.