Erma and Sig P220

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Erma and Sig P220

Post by greener » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:57 pm

I had an opportunity to fire a few rounds from an Erma .22 and a Sig P220 in .22lr. The Erma was a nice little pistol. Reasonably good trigger. Excluding the first round, I put 7 in a group under an inch at 7 yards. Maw liked it much better than the Walther P22.

The Sig felt good, had a reasonable trigger, good sights and I couldn't hit squat with it. I'd like to have more than five rounds to make a judgement, but with the Erma I was dead on with tight groups. The Sig sounds like a good idea. Easily changes for slide, barrel, recoil spring and mag and you have another caliber. Maw said I could buy an Erma (for her, I suspect) but wasn't that thrilled with the Sig.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:18 pm

greener, is the ERMA the Luger style? If, so I had an opportunity to fire one a few weeks ago. The owner was hitting some rocks on a berm at 120 yds. He offered it to me with a full mag,and it was a sweet shooter and felt good in the hand. Regards

swoter

Post by swoter » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:38 am

About a month ago, I was in a small gunshop in Springfield, OH, and they had an Erma 22 luger in the case. Impulse buy, brought it home and gave it a good cleaning. It shoots fairly well, a few inches low at 25 yards, jams once every couple of mags. Likes the 40 grain solids, no hollowpoints. Only have one mag, tried to order another from Bob's gun parts, but they're out. The ones I've seen on Gunbroker are way to expensive.

greener

Post by greener » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:07 am

The Erma I fired looks more like a PPK. It also shot low. Had to put the front sight at the bottom of the rear V to put it on target. The guy that bought it was putting his rounds (Federal Value Pack) in about 1" groups at 15 yards. Nice shooting pistol. He said he paid $125 and bought two mags at $40/each.

My son informed me that the Sig was a P250. He then had some unkind words about the state of my bifocals.

Dwight45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Dwight45 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:26 am

Greener, while we're on the subject, the Sig 220 is one of the best 45s out there. It has a reputation for being as reliable as a hammer, accurate, and built like a tank. It may be the next pistol I buy. I like the Stainless Elite version, the perdy one.

greener

Post by greener » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:44 am

I think P220 would be an excellent choice. The P226 I fired was excellent. I think the .45 would be even better.

My son gently reminded me that since your mental faculties peak at 22 and start downhill at 27, I'm probably so far down the hill I can't see the top and that I probably fired a P250.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:17 am

greener wrote:I think P220 would be an excellent choice. The P226 I fired was excellent. I think the .45 would be even better.

My son gently reminded me that since your mental faculties peak at 22 and start downhill at 27, I'm probably so far down the hill I can't see the top and that I probably fired a P250.
Throw me a rope Bob, I'm way down below you. You want me to go downstate and slap your boy up a little for you. Maybe you should tell him to respect his elders as old guys are sneaky dangerous at times.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Dwight45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Dwight45 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:24 am

:P Ha haaaaaaaaaa!

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:31 am

Dwight45 wrote::P Ha haaaaaaaaaa!
Actually we are sneaky and dangerous at all times, most young guys do not expect us old guys to do anything and when they are looking down the barrel of a 1911, they usually become quite compliant. Yes
I will shoot, too damn old and too smart to fight.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.