Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:27 pm

Feel free.

Post-em if you got-em! :D

R,
Bullseye

Ruffchaser

Post by Ruffchaser » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:22 pm

So far my favorite is my only one , ruger mkIII 22/45 5 1/2 barrel . I saw yesterday a new model Buckmark that had a full length rib for mounting optics and had black grips with finger holds kinda like hogues. The barrel was different than any others Ive seen . Looked like they were catering to some target shooters . Iwould like to shoot a 41 sometime and also a trailside . Icould see owning some more 22s .

seal killer

Post by seal killer » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:51 pm

Ruffchaser--

Did it look like my Browning Buck Mark Hunter (7.5" barrel)?

It is a great shooter with a scope or a red dot! And, if I could see, it would be great with that HiViz site!

--seal killer

wlambert
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by wlambert » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:24 pm

Seal Killer

That is one beautiful pistol. Way back, in my younger days, I used to wonder around the desert near Las Vegas doing long range plinking at junk cars with my Supermatic Citation. I think your Volquartsen Deluxe Mark II. Would be an excellent companion for that kind of activity.

wlambert
NRA Benefactor
Lehigh Valley Police Revolver League
Guthsville Pistol League

seal killer

Post by seal killer » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:02 pm

wlambert--

I enjoy the Volquartsen more all the time. Currently, I am having a high magnification Burris rifle scope customized for use on the Volquartsen. I have had it mounted on it once and it looks very good! Whether it looks as good or better than the Burris Handgun scope I have on it now will be a matter of opinion. I guarantee that I will certainly post pictures when the scope comes back from Burris!

--seak killer

Ruffchaser

Post by Ruffchaser » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:54 pm

seal killer ,
The buckmark I saw wasn't the hunter like yours , although when I bought my ruger the guy was trying to talk me into buying that gun . I really liked it but I had my mind made up on the ruger , partly because of this forum . I dont regret it at all but Iwish ruger would make a 22/45 in a steel frame so you could ghange the grips , I know I could modify but for now I wont do it . The buckmarks have good grips for my hands which are larger . I liked the field model and the plus model , but this one , actually they had a couple , had black rubber or plastic grips with a spot for each finger . Also it looked like a bull barrel . If I see one on the net I'll let you know . I would of course accept either of your guns , theyre both very nice . Ibet the volquartzen is awsome . What I meant about spots for your fingers was like the grips on your volquartsen .

seal killer

Post by seal killer » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:05 pm

Ruffchaser--

The grips on my Volquartsen are "Volthane" grips. I saw a set on a Ruger at Cabela's today. Since the Volquartsen uses the Ruger frame, I suppose all you have to do is buy the grip.

I like them A LOT. Even more than the Hogue one-piece wrap-around on my Desert Eagle.

--seal killer

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Favorite 22

Post by Hardball » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:51 am

So many to choose from
208s
106 & 107
Marvel
K22
and now Mk II

I just got my first Ruger. Shoots well stock. I'm going to get a trigger job done sometime soon. But it will not replace the match Hammerli.

I am so used to the HS magazine button on the one side, the Ruger is backwards. I am very experienced with High Standard 106 & 107.

Oh yeah, I'm new here. First post. Hi everybody!

Parker

Post by Parker » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:49 am

I hope you don't mean just one favorite?

I would say my favorite is a Ruger P4 22/45. It's a blast to shoot. I have a Ruger Mk II MK-4B that I haven't shot yet, but it should be promising. Another favorite is the Kimber 22 conversion. It's picky about ammunition, but the stuff it likes, it shoots well.

The other on the list would include a Colt Buntline Peacemaker in 22, a S&W Model 18-3, and a cute little Freedoms Arms mini revolver that my daughter likes to shoot.

Quentin

Post by Quentin » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:22 pm

I love my Mark I Target tapered barrel (6 7/8") that I bought in 1977 but must say my new Mark II Target 5.5" bull barrel is even better! It's hard to beat a Ruger... :)

kc

Post by kc » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:28 am

I would have to say overall it would be the ruger
with the matchdot.No earplugs and cheap ammo.

John fox
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: What's your favorite .22 pistol?

Post by John fox » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:22 pm

I have a Ruger Mark1 tapered barrel made in "76 and a S&W 42 for serious shooting with a short and long barrel each with red dots here in Jersey. I also a a Mark II bull barrel in Vegas. Would you believe I put aside another bull barrel MarkII here locally. I love em.

cccan

Post by cccan » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:26 pm

my fav ...would be my stainless 512 MKIII with a bushnell trophy 2.5 power scope....you never get tired of shooting bug hole sized groups with it....had a few problems with at the start...but with Bullseye's help all is well

greener

Post by greener » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:36 pm

My favorite is the one I'm shooting at the time. Have a 22A, MKIII Hunter and Single Six. Hard to put any of them down and go to the next one. Each of them does something better and more fun than the rest. I'm sure I'm going to find one I really don't like, but until then Mama ought to hide the money and plastic when I've got the itch.

5focus

Post by 5focus » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:55 pm

MarkIIIH 678 22/45 VQ Sear with a MarkII Hammer, Trigger pull less than 2#.