shoulder recovery

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

shoulder recovery

Post by stork » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Well, I shot again last night for the fourth time since the therapy nazi said I could start shooting.

Shot both the marvel and the MKII. Slow fires were 87 and 88 respectively. In retrospect I should have used my head and warmed up before shooting because I had a better area of hold on my second string than my first. Had some tens with the Marvel that shouldn't have been there and a six that I had no idea it was there when it broke. The Ruger area of hold was better and seemed to be better on call, AND they were ALL IN THE BLACK. :)

Timed fire was a waste of time. I just can't hold for 20 seconds yet and tremble like a baby the last 10 seconds. Area of hold was edge of paper to edge of paper. Squeaked out an 87 and was very thankful about that score.

Rapid fire was better. I only shot the Ruger for a couple of rapids. First was a 89-1x. The second I didn't get a chance to score (I volunteer as the Range Officer for pistol night and had a couple of new shooters that needed to be certified to shoot). As the line was full, and I had shot all the good shots I was capable of shooting that night, I put them on my station. But there were a couple more holes in the white and a couple more x's than there were in the first string so I know it wasn't better than the first, probably mid to higher 80's.

It's coming along, the first night I could only shoot 5 rounds (with a miss), that was a month ago and last night I could have shot a 600 match with the same amount of effort at the end as the first 5 rounds a month ago.

FWIW
Last edited by stork on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:00 pm

You will get back just be patient. Keep up the PT it will strengthen the muscle groups that have lost there strength and stamina.

As for Nazi PT, I found out years ago, NO PAIN NO GAIN. Ones that do not push you it will take a very long time to recover. The ones that do push you, well you will be back to normal a lot quicker.

Then they have these super meds that really speed up the process. They have used ionto (not sure the spelling) which involves using steriods but NO needles. The dimethazone (?, streiod) is put into a pad where they uses micro currents to inject/absorb through the surface. If they use this stuff you will notice huge improvements with in 24 hr of treatment. They normal will do 10 treatments. The down side is that they must get the med patch over where the meds need to go. If in the wrong place, it does not work.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Blue,
Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving the PT guy grief because of the PT he gave me to do. I'm just frustrated because he wouldn't let me shoot until the first week in January (not that I could have anyway, my shoulder was weak as a kitten even then). And I've already missed two matches in January and will miss another two in February. He's actually a good kid (I can call him that because he went to hi school with one of my kids), he knows the only reason I push the envelope is because I want to get back to shooting.

Back to the PT.

FWIW
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:37 pm

It is good to hear you are recovering well, Stork. Your shoulder sounds like it is just recondition, I am sure you will be back to cleaning those rapid fire targets in a month or two.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm glad that you are back shooting. I predict that you will be up to your standards in no time as your shoulder improves. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:34 pm

I am 6 months after rt shoulder surgery. I am shooting again. Not too badly, but endurance is very frustrating. One problem is relearning grips. They just don't all feel like they used to.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:31 am

I wish both of you a speedy recovery. Time and patience are the operative words here, recovery is a slow process.

R,
Bullseye