Need your help, again...damaged MkII

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:53 pm

If you have a micrometer you can measure that VQ bushing against the OEM. Just go from the end of the ferrule to the inner edge of the flange. I'll bet the VQ is longer than the original, at least it appears that way to me in the photographs and from the wear patterns.

R,
Bullseye

mwwilkew

Post by mwwilkew » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:44 pm

I didn't measure the original b/c I don't have time to take it out of the pistol right now. But, the Clark bushing measures as follows:

0.059" end of ferrule to inner edge of flange on the short end
0.315" end of ferrule to inner edge of flange on the long end
0.048" thickness of flange
0.425" overall length end of ferrule to end of ferrule

I didn't take out the original bushing to measure it - but I did remove the receiver and I don't see any unusual wear patterns on the hammer or disconnector.

mwwilkew

Update - Range Report

Post by mwwilkew » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:47 pm

I used the Mk II this morning at a steel plate match and it functioned flawlessly for the entire match. No hiccups, FTEs, FTFs, for 120+ rounds. I will eventually get around to measuring the original hammer bushing for comparison but for now its working well again. Thanks again for all the help. This forum is a great source of information.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Good to hear it's fixed.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

jjfitch

Exact same problem, different solution!

Post by jjfitch » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:15 am

I experienced the exact same problem "FTF, bolt not going into battery" with the exact same "dings" appearing on the same parts. The problem was caused by the hammer pin moving to the left out of the right side of the frame. This allowed the hammer assembly to move up under pressure from the hammer spring. The pin was allowed to move to the left out of the frame because after market grips were installed with a relief area milled for the head of the hammer pin. The milled area allowed the pin to move to the left about .055". I glued a .055 shim to the left grip panel to hold the pin to the right. (Standard grips hold the pin to the right!) Problem solved!

John

Patriots trusting in God

greener

Post by greener » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:36 am

Welcome to the forum.

sounds like a good solution.