Primary Arms MRD for 22/45

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

fyrmng

Primary Arms MRD for 22/45

Post by fyrmng » Tue May 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Just ordered this from Primary Arms http://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms ... /md-08.htm after returning 2 defective Bushnell TRS-25's to Amazon.

Primary Arms is out of stock on the MD-06 but if you use code "KF" when ordering you get the MD-08 for the same price. Won't be using the kill flash but the removable base gives me mounting options on my other guns.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed May 23, 2012 6:36 am

Welcome to Guntalk-Online.com.

Let us know more about how you like the scope when you test it.

R,
Bullseye

fyrmng

Post by fyrmng » Sat May 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Ordered after hours on the 22nd, shipped on the 23rd, arrived late morning on the 25th! Haven't gotten a chance to mount yet but first impression...

Unit feels solid with controls that are firm and positive.

Finish appears durable, front and rear elements are clear without distortion. Slight blue tint when viewing RD but does not take away from view. Very similar to Bushnell.

Red dot is crisp. Lowest setting is visible in dim hallway. Highest setting is more than bright enough in full Calif sun. Setting 4-6 seems to be the sweetspot.

LED emitter, though visible through the rear element, is not a distraction or issue...at all!

Kill Flash looks sweet although I have no need for it...my targets for this application don't shoot back. I might leave it on to protect the front element. Tube allows plenty of light for visibility with KF in place.

Ordered the MD-08 as PA stated the MD-06 was out of stock and they gave it to me for the same price. Noticed the unit that shipped is the MD-10. Appears to be the same specs but probably updated? Will email PA for info.

Very pleased with the what I have seen so far. Looking forward to getting it mounted up and shooting next week.
MKIII 22/45 Target
Volquartsen Target Trigger
Volquartsen Target Sear
Volquartsen MK II Bushing
HiViz FO Front Sight
Primary Arms MD-08 MRD
Slingshot Mod
Mag Disconnect and LCI removed