Smith & Wesson K-22 Masterpiece

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

08 Cayenne

Smith & Wesson K-22 Masterpiece

Post by 08 Cayenne » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:46 am

I've been shooting bullseye with my my Mark II Government model and doing great. I've always wanted a revolver to shoot bullseye with also. Locally a S&W K-22 Masterpiece has become available and was thinking of picking it up for mainly bullseye use. Guy wants an arm and a leg for it but I think I can get him down to a reasonable price. Anyone have any experience with this revolver?

Thanks
Frank

greener

Post by greener » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:36 am

The names K22 and Model 17 were used interchangeably. I have an 8 3/8" Model 17-4. It's a good reliable shooter. Sometimes it seems to be very "accurate" and sometimes it doesn't. :lol:

You probably need to check the crane and pick up model info. I'd also look closely at condition as these were made quite a while ago. K22's are pretty popular S&W's and one in good condition could be priced relatively high.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:48 am

greener wrote:The names K22 and Model 17 were used interchangeably. I have an 8 3/8" Model 17-4. It's a good reliable shooter. Sometimes it seems to be very "accurate" and sometimes it doesn't. :lol:
Are you sure it is a gun problem, might be a problem with the object wrapped around the grips :P :P
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:40 pm

You'll like the K22. I don't know how well you will like it for Bullseye competition shooting. Not many folks are truly competitive with a revolver in that discipline anymore because the self loaders have proven to be such an advantage in the timed stages.

R,
Bullseye