S&W model 41

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

S&W model 41

Post by Yleefox » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Finally, after what seems like forever, I have purchased a 41. It was made in either 70 or 71, based on the serial number. Looks like it was lightly used too. What a nice trigger!! Now, I just have to see if I can get the trigger to reset, consistently. On average, it will fail to reset about 4 out of a fully loaded 10 rd magazine. I have purchased a new sear spring, that should be here Monday. I'm hoping that will do it; we'll see if it does.

Anyway, thanks for letting me spout off about my Smith 41.

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: S&W model 41

Post by jstanfield103 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:14 am

Figure you have this worked out by now, but the first thing that I think of is the over travel adjustment screw is right on the edge of being set to tight. Screw it in one turn and see if that helps.
Aim Small & Miss Small

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Re: S&W model 41

Post by Yleefox » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:44 am

I finally screwed the over travel screw in far enough that I knew it was not the issue. I did remove the grips and clean out the sear area with some spray gun cleaner and thought I had it fixed for about 30 rounds. The stove piping seems to stop, for a short time, after I clean the pistol and lubricate it, but only for a few mags worth of shooting. I'm determined to make this gun run properly!

Any thought?
Patrick