HENRY THE IV

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

HENRY THE IV

Post by KAZ » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:11 pm

OK, my very good spouse hit a nice jackpot and suggested that since she shot so well with HENRY III I might be the recipient of a stimulus package of my own. This is not unusual as she has her own G19,concealed carry,etc and can out shoot me if she decides to bust caps. Anyway, this H001T known forever as HENRY IV came my way 8)

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:09 am

That's a very nice looking rifle. Seems like your collection is growing steadily.

R,
Bullseye

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:33 am

Thanks Bullseye, as my interest have changed it is more a realignment where I'm selling off things that I don't shoot anymore. So my collection has actually shrunk to make room for firearms like the first lever gun in many years. Regards

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:32 am

KAZ wrote:Thanks Bullseye, as my interest have changed it is more a realignment where I'm selling off things that I don't shoot anymore. So my collection has actually shrunk to make room for firearms like the first lever gun in many years. Regards
All these new purchases are Hakamans fault you know, started when I checked my dealer looking for a gun for mim and bought HenryI. :D
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:44 am

Well, KAZ and I think that you and BEAR started the ball with HENRY I, but I'm glad that you did as both Henry's are happy with a steady diet of bulk pack fodder 8) One of my pals had set up steel silholette targets designed for centerfire pistol at 40/60/77/100. With my red dot in place and zeroed at 50 I was able to do every target until I got to the heavy rams at 100. Those I would bang with a nice center group,but wouldn't fall unless I hit them high on the flank. Not bad for a pesky 22RF, made believers out of some. Great fun! Regards

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Hey, Where is the Justice?

Post by Tigerbeetle » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:01 pm

I'm not complaining, you understand, but I was goading the Old Man to get that Henry. I got mine last fall because of the pretty walnut. But then I really fell in love with how it shoots and handles. Just attempting to take a little credit for all these Henry the "Roman Numerals". Just wait until we get to Henry the VIII. Maybe it will have an English accent. :( :wink: Kaz, your wife must be a fine lady. Mine, bless her heart, can't quite get the hang of shooting, but she gives it a game effort from time to time.

By the way, I battered up those bass and bluegills. They turned out very well. My daughter and her boyfriend came up for supper and a fish fry broke out! :lol: TB
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle

bearandoldman

Re: Hey, Where is the Justice?

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:44 pm

Tigerbeetle wrote:I'm not complaining, you understand, but I was goading the Old Man to get that Henry. I got mine last fall because of the pretty walnut. But then I really fell in love with how it shoots and handles. Just attempting to take a little credit for all these Henry the "Roman Numerals". Just wait until we get to Henry the VIII. Maybe it will have an English accent. :( :wink: Kaz, your wife must be a fine lady. Mine, bless her heart, can't quite get the hang of shooting, but she gives it a game effort from time to time.

By the way, I battered up those bass and bluegills. They turned out very well. My daughter and her boyfriend came up for supper and a fish fry broke out! :lol: TB
Ooooh, wish I could have been there to enjoy them Bluegills. Some fries and some good damn near home made bread and spread and a Killian's Red to wash it down, with friends and the day would have had a perfect ending.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Fish Fry

Post by Tigerbeetle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:25 am

Right you are OM. It is always a welcome surprise when the daughter comes by. I am sorry yours are so far away. 65 miles seems far enough to me.
I am off to the Gulf here in another hour or so. Going to try and catch a grouper or two or four. The weather doesn't look good right now. We are towing a boat down for one of the guys and hope to fish tomorrow. If not, it will have been a good trip in any event. Leaving his boat down there for further excursions this spring and summer. :D
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle