Henry Surprise

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Henry Surprise

Post by greener » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:29 pm

I did a klutz move by unzipping my rifle case so the Henry fell out butt first onto the concrete garage. The butt plate cracked and two small chips came out of the stock. I went to the Henry sight and ordered the catalog and left a comment that I hoped it had a parts listing because I needed a butt plate. In less than 12 hours I got an email from Mr. Anthony Imperato asking why I needed a butt plate. A couple emails, my name and address later and Henry Repeating Arms Company will send a replacement stock w/butt plate at no charge.

The stock damage was minor and I can fill the chips so they would be hardly noticeable. I was more than willing to buy the butt plate. Since the damage was my fault, I planned to pay for any repair parts.

I was absolutely amazed at the quick response from the owner and that he would replace the buttstock at no charge. My idea of good customer service is they answer the phone, are polite, have the parts and ship them fairly quickly. This was head and shoulders above that. If this is his way of getting positive word-of-mouth advertising at a low cost, it certainly worked. :lol:

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:00 am

Stories like this are why I selected Henry for my entry into the world of leverguns.
I suppose a lack of warranty work leads to a bored and overly helpful service department and owner/operator.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:03 am

Henry Repeating ATM and its President Anthony Imperato are heads above most companies as far as service to the customer. I have been dealing with Anthony with a minor problem on HenryI and now it seems to be taken care of' He answers his e mails evenings and even Saturdays and promptly, He has sent me parts to try to try to repair the minor problems. The problem has been solved as on the 15th of this month Henry took a trip home to NJ and at present is on his way back to me here in MI, he should arrive on the 23rd or 24th at the latest. Will post a new thread explaining everything as soon as we make a range trip or two the check things out.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:35 am

This is a great story from every direction! First HENRY produces an excellent AMERICAN MADE product, and then backs it up with the best customer service in the industry with the CEO personally leading the way. Then we have bearandoldman man who worked very hard to solve a real problem with his Henry at the least expense/effort to the manufacture. Then we have greener who told Henry upfront that the problems were self inflicted, and made every effort to pay his own way. These are examples of how things are supposed to work, but we seldom find today. The customer and the manufacture doing the right thing both directions. Of course I'm not surprised that greener and bearandoldman would take the honorable path, but now we know that Henry is worthy of our admiration. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:50 am

When HenryI gets back home and we get a couple of range sessions in we will post as Paul Harvey used to say "And now, the rest of the story"
Honesty usually pays, a few years back, Ma and I were taking a trip and a Sheriff car was coming the other way, did a quick U and was behind me with his lights on. When he came up I handed him my license and CPL as is required by law and advised him I was armed but not really dangerous. He asked me if I know why he stopped me and I told him, " Yes, I was speeding" I said about 63 in a 55, and he said more like 68. After he came back to the car and gave me my ID, he told us to have a good day and slow down and enjoy it which we did with no ticket, Honesty does pay in the end.
Got to head off to WW, the sporting manager told me he would have some Fed bulk this morning.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:26 am

You may be in luck on the fed bulk. They had plenty yesterday, and I could have bought six boxes, but being a good boy I only left with two 8) Perhaps that worm is starting to turn.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:02 am

KAZ wrote:You may be in luck on the fed bulk. They had plenty yesterday, and I could have bought six boxes, but being a good boy I only left with two 8) Perhaps that worm is starting to turn.
Well, Bear and I just got back from our trip to WW. The manger of the sporting goods is a nice knowledgeable young man and yesterday he told me he would have a case in this morning, which he did. He told me to stop in about 8 and he would be there, which he was. Asked him if I could get my usual four and he said you can have 6, might as well get them before somebody sells them on Gunbroker, so I bought the 6.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:58 am

so I bought the 6.
It's not like you won't shoot them with all the Henry's and Remington's about.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:10 am

Bullseye wrote:
so I bought the 6.
It's not like you won't shoot them with all the Henry's and Remington's about.

R,
Bullseye
When you have a pump, lever and a few autoloaders and Petey and Paul the plastic prairie dogs and like to see them spin, a box of ammo is usually goes in 2 or 3 short range play periods.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:23 pm

Good job! I wasn't taking any moral high ground by only taking two. I was so far ahead of the curve on this ammo thing that the two were simply a top off 8)

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:30 pm

KAZ wrote:Good job! I wasn't taking any moral high ground by only taking two. I was so far ahead of the curve on this ammo thing that the two were simply a top off 8)
I was down to my last 2 of the Fed bulk, actually opened one the other day, so really only had one full one left, After Jim The sporting manage told me about some of his hoarding customer, I decided they didn't need it. Do have some of the good stuff left when I go for testing HenryI, gunshop called and he got back in town this morning. That bulk stuff goes fast wen you are fun shooting with a pump or lever, 15 rounds sure does go fast.
I will start a new thread about Henry's trip to Bayonne to see Anthony.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:51 pm

I believe that we should start a small bet on when greener buys his second HENRY. Now, we all know that Ms Greener is a match grade shooter so perhaps greener acquires a nice pump for her :wink:

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:53 pm

KAZ wrote:I believe that we should start a small bet on when greener buys his second HENRY. Now, we all know that Ms Greener is a match grade shooter so perhaps greener acquires a nice pump for her :wink:
He really shoud do that, being the nice guy that he really is.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:01 pm

I've noticed that .22 ammo seems to disappear. Not sure why. I'm looking into the mice angle.

SWMBO keeps mentioning some German rifle, starts with an "A". Can't understand why she doesn't want American and is satisfied with single-shot bolt guns.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:42 pm

Greener, she has great taste, I love my Annies! I always shoot the USBR targets with them, and then after they've satisfied their lust for expensive ammo, I break out the Henry's, and have a great time with bulk 8)