CZ 452 Disassembly & Trigger Adjustment

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

boomer47
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by boomer47 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:45 pm

Blindpig,
Sorry to see that you had so much trouble ordering from Eric Brooks.
Everything I ordered came in on time.
Some of the guys over at Rimfire Central said that Brooks had some family problems and got a little behind on his orders and that he is a good guy to do business with. I know I'm satisfied with his service although I had already got my trigger down to where I want it.His spring kit would be a good deal for someone who, unlike me, does not have a bunch of springs around to try. Also, the pin removal jig will come in handy and I got lucky with the factory trigger as it has absolutely no creep so I don't need the tubes and am going to sell the trigger kit to a buddy that bought a CZ American and needs the springs and tubes, but I'll keeep the pin removal jig.
I got to the range today with that new CZ special and am just tickled to death with it.
I had really cleaned the barrel before the first shot and it took around 30 rounds before it settled down. I'm shooting on a short range and 35 yards is max but at the end I was getting 5 rounds of Hornady V-Max into almost a one holer.
I fired 250 rounds today and not one glitch. Fine little rifle.

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:46 pm

Sounds like you've got a keeper there! I had the same experience with mine the first time I fired it and it took about 20-30 rounds before it was consistent. I also had really scrubbed the barrel to get the factory gook out. I shoot mine at 50 yards and, like you, I'm trying for that one ragged hole! Best so far is a little over .25 in.

Clem

Post by Clem » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:06 pm

I have had a 452 for several years. It came with a pretty bad trigger pull. I got the springs from Brooks and took it apart to smooth the contact surfaces. That was easy enough. Getting it back together was a bear. Now the trigger is very nice. I also see that Timney makes a replacement trigger and a sear adjustable for engagement is available from Brownell's.

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:57 am

Clem wrote:I have had a 452 for several years. It came with a pretty bad trigger pull. I got the springs from Brooks and took it apart to smooth the contact surfaces. That was easy enough. Getting it back together was a bear. Now the trigger is very nice. I also see that Timney makes a replacement trigger and a sear adjustable for engagement is available from Brownell's.
Clem, you might have noticed in one of my earlier posts in this thread that I did get the Automation Solutions adjustable sear from Brownell's along with the matching light trigger spring. The pull is about 1.5 lbs. now, just where I wanted it. Groups with CCI Green Tag are all under .5 inch now with the really good ones at .25 inch. on the 50 yard range. About as good as I can shoot.

Clem

Post by Clem » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:26 pm

I missed that. My trigger is very nice, but it was tricky for me to put back together. There was a small bearing that had to be kept in place.

pat_k

Post by pat_k » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:04 am

BLINDPIG, Sorry to be resurrecting this thread from so long ago, but did you ever settle on an optimal number for in/lbs to tighten down the 452 screws?

Thanks,
Pat

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:51 am

Welcome to Guntalk-Online Pat K!

I haven't heard or seen anything from Blindpig in a while so he may not answer your question. I do use 18-22 inch pounds for torquing Highpower Service rifle actions into bedded or pillar mounted stocks so that is a good value if your interested in torque specs.

R,
Bullseye

pat_k

Post by pat_k » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:42 am

Thanks Bullseye,

That's a good number to know. I heard that the cz 452 (lux, special, etc) is particularly sensitive to being under or over-tightened. That's why i ask.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:01 am

When you torque, use a little blue Locktite on the screws, that will keep them from any vibration related movement. I also like to make an anti-slip mark on the screw head to leave a little quick visual reference that the screws have not moved.

R,
Bullseye

pat_k

Post by pat_k » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:17 am

Thanks for the good tips Bullseye. I wouldn't have thought to loctite those.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:20 am

Just an ounce of prevention to keep the action from shifting around in the stock.

R,
Bullseye

pawn

Post by pawn » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:46 pm

I ordered and received the eric brooks trigger kit in about a week. Directions were very clear and the installation went fine... trigger pull is now ~ 2.5 lbs and creep has been eliminated :D

I have a CZ 452 Varmint with a Weaver V16 scope... its an accurate, fun gun for bench shooting :)

pat_k

Post by pat_k » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:04 pm

It took me a while to get my brooks trig kit, but i did get it. No instructions at all though. But i figured it out. Didn't need the tubes though as mine as virtually no creep at all. The jig for punching the pins out/in was a good investment i think. saved a lot of potential heartache.

chadflys
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by chadflys » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:20 am

There are many on ebay...