BAOM vs Markie Round 5

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:47 pm

bearandoldman wrote: because I got bored!!!!
the real reason that we fiddle with guns...... :lol:

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:08 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:
bearandoldman wrote: because I got bored!!!!
the real reason that we fiddle with guns...... :lol:
riiiiiiight
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:20 pm

I'm saying that I believe that the reason for the MKII receiver redesign is many things the least of which is to make it easier to change barrels. Perhaps they went from one barrel pin to two is because the extra pin made the barrel mounting system more stable. Now, if we see TacSol and others flood the after market with cool barrels for the "E" receivers I'll be sure to become a believer :wink:
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:25 am

KAZ wrote:I'm saying that I believe that the reason for the MKII receiver redesign is many things the least of which is to make it easier to change barrels. Perhaps they went from one barrel pin to two is because the extra pin made the barrel mounting system more stable. Now, if we see TacSol and others flood the after market with cool barrels for the "E" receivers I'll be sure to become a believer :wink:
I have had my barreled action out of the stock many time and never saw a pin in the receiver holding the barrel. I believe it is held in just like a Ruger pistol as Eric said the could not be changed. Oldguy and I have been in touch and his has 2 pins a solid and a rollpin, and he has had first shot flier and repeatability problems also. Henry use 2 tapered pins and a keyway to align and retain the barrel on their lever 22's. I think Markie may make a trip to the factory after I ear how Oldguy made out, if he does not en up at the local pawn shop first.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:02 am

You know, we have all had firearms that for one reason or the other required a recall/trip to the factory. My Ruger LCP was one most recently and Ruger sent me a Prepaid UPS box and returned my pistol within two weeks repaired and with an extra mag. We have had members with Henry problems and we all remember how Henry treated the customer even when the customer admitted that they(the customer) had caused the problem. Now, we will see how Savage handles things, so far Oldguy doesn't appear to on the way to being happy. We will see. Regards

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 am

KAZ wrote:You know, we have all had firearms that for one reason or the other required a recall/trip to the factory. My Ruger LCP was one most recently and Ruger sent me a Prepaid UPS box and returned my pistol within two weeks repaired and with an extra mag. We have had members with Henry problems and we all remember how Henry treated the customer even when the customer admitted that they(the customer) had caused the problem. Now, we will see how Savage handles things, so far Oldguy doesn't appear to on the way to being happy. We will see. Regards
If they don't make him happy, Markie will be in the rack at thee pawn shop or gun shop, not sure yet. I can tell tou he will not be here. If I still think I need a bolt gun a CZ may be in line, they were fun to ride they may be fun to shoot also.

greener

Post by greener » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:53 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
KAZ wrote:You know, we have all had firearms that for one reason or the other required a recall/trip to the factory. My Ruger LCP was one most recently and Ruger sent me a Prepaid UPS box and returned my pistol within two weeks repaired and with an extra mag. We have had members with Henry problems and we all remember how Henry treated the customer even when the customer admitted that they(the customer) had caused the problem. Now, we will see how Savage handles things, so far Oldguy doesn't appear to on the way to being happy. We will see. Regards
If they don't make him happy, Markie will be in the rack at thee pawn shop or gun shop, not sure yet. I can tell tou he will not be here. If I still think I need a bolt gun a CZ may be in line, they were fun to ride they may be fun to shoot also.
Take a look at this thread. Looks like the barrel will come out. There was something about the 10/22 barrel being a close fit.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=241110

BTW: Buddy has a CZ 452. He is doing some pretty good stuff at 50 yards

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Greener, that would be on the new "E" recover which is the 2010 manufacture, my gun is the old receiver. Oldguy has also had some accuracy problems with an "E" receiver gun and it is no on the way back to him. Talked to Dougie at the gunshop today and he advised to get it ready and bring it in and he will ship it for me. If they fix it and I am not happy then it can go to a new home.Shot Moses and Henry today and shot better targets than the Savage has ever seen.

greener

Post by greener » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Looks like Hank liked Wolf MT

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:35 pm

greener wrote:Looks like Hank liked Wolf MT
What Hank does with Wolf MT amazes me. Ne shoots better than Markie and he does really not have a full stock. Just a butt and a piece of wood around th barrel and magazine tube.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Well, Markie needs to take the "ride" so that Savage can have a look at what goes. We have seen some great target groups from other MKII rifles. I'll bet that Savage will fix you up. Regards

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:39 pm

KAZ wrote:Well, Markie needs to take the "ride" so that Savage can have a look at what goes. We have seen some great target groups from other MKII rifles. I'll bet that Savage will fix you up. Regards
Hope so, if not it will be one of those guns that I used to own.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:14 am

Well. we dropped Markie off at the gun shop yesterday and they will pack him up and send him off to the factory. We will see what happens when he gets back. Letting the shop send and receive is much better as they are there when the truck delivers it back and it will not just get set behind the bushes if we are not home.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:42 am

I'll bet that Savage will fix it. Having it come in from a Dealer tells them that there is a problem with the rifle, not the shooter. Savage has come out with the MKII TR which is aimed at the 22RF Trainer market and sells for $400. I'm temped to acquire one, but the specter of spending $400 and winding up with a lemon isn't good. We will see how they handle yours. Regards

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:38 am

KAZ wrote:I'll bet that Savage will fix it. Having it come in from a Dealer tells them that there is a problem with the rifle, not the shooter. Savage has come out with the MKII TR which is aimed at the 22RF Trainer market and sells for $400. I'm temped to acquire one, but the specter of spending $400 and winding up with a lemon isn't good. We will see how they handle yours. Regards
Always use your dealer for shipping as they do it every day ansd I don't. Guess that is why II have been doing business with this shop for the last 46 plus years, old friends are good friends and his son is his partner and went to school grade 1 and up with my middle daughter.