Tri-Mags for a 10/22...

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Song Dawg
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Song Dawg » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Here's another way to go. A belt will accommodate many of these @ 20 rounds a piece.Image
The connector is really inexpensive. The speedloader pouches a little more but......ground rats won't be kickin' sand in your face.

superdave

Standard Ruger 10-rd mags

Post by superdave » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:22 pm

I bought my first (and at this point, only, 10/22) several years ago because I liked the simplicity and versatility of the platform. Lots of custom products available, etc. As I accumulated parts and knowledge, I found that there was an issue with the mags dropping free when released. I examined all of my mags, both Ruger and 'other' and did a lot of measuring and comparing to find out what kept them from dropping. The bottom line is that I found a small bit of flashing on the receiver casting where the engagement "button" of the mag hooks up with the receiver. I took a drill bit ( a 5/16", I believe) and, using fingers only, very carefully removed the flashing and have never had any problems since. The problems weren't from the mags, but from the receiver itself. If your mag won't drop freely, this is worth looking at. They snapped in great, they just wouldn't 'fall' out when released. Since I first purchased the rifle, I've spent a lot of time (and, probably, too much money) on it and it is now an incredibly accurate and reliable rifle. Dressed in a Troy Tactical Chassis, with a TacSol SBX barrel and a lot of other upgrades, it is an awesome little piece. About the only thing left that is original is the receiver itself. It's really been a lot of fun.
God bless our troops...especially our snipers.

LaRue Tactical bumper sticker

Song Dawg
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Song Dawg » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 am

For CA, as previously posted I use the duals from E&L with a double speedloader pouch on my belt for carry. 5 double speedloaders @ 40 rounds per = COPIUS rounds when in pursuit of those waskely squeaks!
But just out of curiosity I bought a Tri Mag. Actually, not that bad for walkin' around and surprisingly good from a bag. Not competition but just off a bag. One thing I like is they're secure..even more so than a non glued dual!....I'm not going to glue a dual as recommended by E&L :roll:
As to a carrier....the fanny pak is the only option I can see. A place for the BC loader there too.