Black guns

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

SD Handgunner

Post by SD Handgunner » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:35 am

I am actually using a Harris BR Model Bipod mounted backwards on my Free Float Tube and a Rabbit Ear Bag under the Buttstock.

I also shoot our Bench Rest League with my Stainless-Steel Super 14 .22 LR Contender Handgun with a 3x12x32mm Burris LER Fine Plex - PA Handgun Scope with Target Turrets. I have been a Contender Handgun fanatic for many, many years.

Larry

Anchor

M&P 15-22

Post by Anchor » Tue May 10, 2011 8:25 am

I picked up a standard M&P 15-22 for $ 429. Also purchased a couple of 25 round magazines. Great fun. Shoots well and without hangups on every kind of bulk ammo I have tried. Regret not getting a threaded barrel as our state legislature recently approved the use of suppressors.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sun May 15, 2011 8:44 am

That's a neat looking "Black Rifle" you have there, OM ! It looks like alot of fun."
A couple of guys brought them in to the indoor range and were ripping the targets apart
and having a great time. Queen Anne's Lace, lookout !
Haka

77 deg and sunny in the Northern "parts" of Detroit .

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun May 15, 2011 9:52 am

Hakaman wrote:That's a neat looking "Black Rifle" you have there, OM ! It looks like alot of fun."
A couple of guys brought them in to the indoor range and were ripping the targets apart
and having a great time. Queen Anne's Lace, lookout !
Haka
77 deg and sunny in the Northern "parts" of Detroit .
It's a great fun shooter gun, not really accurate enough for the dandelion and Queen Anne's Lace, but great for rapid fire from the bipod and ripping up targets. Also made a rack and have tennis balls hanging on a string,lots of fun on them.
Deeetroit must have moved further South, because it is 40 degrees, windy and rainy here. If you got any of that smoking stuff extra , send me some, eh?????
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

SD Handgunner

Post by SD Handgunner » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 am

I built another Black Rifle look-a-like based off of a Ruger 10/22.

This time I used an Archangel 556 Stock Kit. After assemblying it I was quite pleased but I knew the Rails on the Archangel Free Float Tube would have to go.

Above is a photo of the Archangel Ruger 10/22 along with the latest Nordic Ruger 10/22 I recently built for my Granddaughter.

As I stated the rails had to go. I enlisted the help of a machinist friend and his mill made short work of removing the top and bottom rail from the Archangel Free Float Tube.

I shot it this way for a while but knew I still had some modifying to do. I then set out to reduce the diameter of the Archangel Free Float Tube so I could slide a DPMS AR-15 Carbon Fiber Free Float Tube over the Archangel Free Float Tube. With lots of dremeling, rasping and sanding I finally achieved my goal.

In the end I am very pleased with the results and outcome. The total package as pictured weighs in at 6.88 lbs on a digital scale. It is a joy to shoot and hold. My Granddaughter just loves it and it seems to be the right weight for her to use in our Youth 3 Position Rifle League at the Indoor Shooting Range.

Larry

greener

Post by greener » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:42 am

Good work!

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:21 pm

That is a cool looking "black" rifle OM, you should have a lot of fun with it. I see folks shooting them at the range and they have a blast. All's I have to say is, the Queen Ann Lace might not even bloom this year out of fear.
Haka

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:44 am

Looks like you've adapted that stock very well to your needs. It should give you many years of enjoyment.

R,
Bullseye