Troy T-22 Tactical Chassis

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

superdave

Troy T-22 Tactical Chassis

Post by superdave » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Just upgraded my 10/22 with a Troy chassis and a TacSol SB-X barrel. It was not quite as simple as (I think) it should have been. After stripping my action out of my old stock and changing the barrel, I attempted to assemble it into the Troy chassis. Would not go in - not even close. After several looks to make sure all the parts were correctly installed, I noticed some small marks at the front of the Troy forestock, on the bottom, inside near the hole for the action screw. Bottom line is I had to cut down and round off the two v-block screws that hold the barrel. I took off about .075" and then it just barely did drop into the chassis. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. My emails to Troy are unanswered and the hold time for a phone call is waaay too long. Chassis looks great and is very well made, but a bit on the tight side. Comment? Oh yeah, the TacSol barrel is very nice. My Silencerco Sparrow fits perfectly and only sticks out 5/8" past the end of the shroud. Very clean looking rifle.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:20 pm

I'm thinking about picking up one of those Tapco T6 stocks for my 10/22. Had one in my hands the other day and liked the way it felt.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:35 pm

Nice looking setup :wink:
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911