Not for casual plinking

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Not for casual plinking

Post by greener » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:11 am

A shooting acquaintance started about 3 years age with a CZ452 and kept tweaking it until he started shooting with the local bench rest guys. Local now means any match within 100 miles. These are his latest toys. Rifle custom made by someone in North Carolina. Custom made rest.

He is running out of room in his car to carry all the equipment necessary for shooting on a Saturday morning.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:37 am

That's nothing compared to what I pack for each high-power rifle match. However it does look as if he's got some dough invested in his game.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:13 am

He is running out of room in his car to carry all the equipment necessary for shooting on a Saturday morning.
Time to move to a van. :D

Nice gun, the price of our toys just keep going up as we grow older.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

greener

Post by greener » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:47 am

Bullseye wrote:That's nothing compared to what I pack for each high-power rifle match. However it does look as if he's got some dough invested in his game.

R,
Bullseye
He had wind flags, cleaning bench and equipment and all that gitteritous. I think he dropped just under a grand on the rest I shot in one of the bench rest matches last year with the 10/22 w/green mountain barrel and used a borrowed Caldwell rest. I was definitely outclassed.