The wait is over!

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

SD Handgunner

The wait is over!

Post by SD Handgunner » Fri May 11, 2012 1:14 am

My McMillan Rimfire Magnum Varmint Stock arrived today for my Custom Ruger 77/22.

I originally Customized this Rifle back in 2009. I used a Volquartsen Laminated Stock with a Clark Custom Guns 20" Stainless Steel Bull Barrel. I reworked the factory trigger till it breaks like a glass rod at 1 1/4 lbs and had a hole drilled for an overtravel adjustment screw. Ruger 77/22 VBZ Bottom Metal was polished so it matched the Barrel and Action.

I never did care for the feel of the Volquartsen Laminated Stock so I sold it and decided to replace it with a McMillan Rimfire Magnum Varmint Stock, which I ordered 50% Black, 25% Light Grey & 25% White Marble. While I was waiting for the stock to arrive I sent the Bolt to CPC for Randy's Beyond Bolt Tightening. At the same time I took advantage of Natchez Shooters Supply's sale and purchased a new Weaver V-24 6x24x42mm AO Riflescope to sit on top.

Above is the finished product. No I have not shot it yet since I had the bolt work done, installed the new scope or put it in the new stock, but I hope to before the weekend is over.

I am not disappointed in the stock. The size and shape of this stock is perfect for what I wanted.

Larry

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri May 11, 2012 6:21 am

You should be happy with that stock, McMillan makes a good product. Like you I really like the feel of their stocks.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:36 am

Nice looking rifle, I like the look of the stock. It should serve you nicely.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

SD Handgunner

Post by SD Handgunner » Fri May 11, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks guys. With a little luck I will be able to get to the range tomorrow for a test run with the new Stock and Bolt Rework.

Larry