Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Henry Golden Boy and Customer Appreciation

Post by jstanfield103 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:47 am

I just purchased a Henry Golden Boy.
This is a very well made rifle and I really like it. I am very short 5' 5" tall and the length of pull for the Henry is a little long. I can not actuate the lever comfortably while on my shoulder ( short arms :) ) I called customer service and asked them if I could get a Youth stock for it. The girl on the phone said sure that they were $67 plus shipping. I told her I would get the money in my account and call her back.
In the mean time I wrote Anthony Imperato an email explaining my situation and ask if I could trade my stock in on a youth model. He replied to my email saying " Jeff just send me you're address and phone # and I will just send you one no charge."
Man now that is really taking care of you're customers. No wonder their reputation is so good.
Great Guy.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:33 am

There was quite a bit of discussion here about Henry's great customer service. Anthony is one of the reasons that Henry Rifle is so successful today. He is a savvy businessman and is a great spokesman for the company. He truly stands behind his product, something you don't see much from today's big gun manufacturers.

R,
Bullseye

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:22 am

I watched him on YouTube when he was on RFC, everything you said Bullseye is exactly true

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:42 am

I see Henry commercials on Fox News, CNN, and other channels. I've never seen any other gun company advertise on non-sportsman television channels.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Greener Messed up his stock and had the same experience with Henry Repeating arms a few years back. They wouldn't let him pay for it. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:31 am

And Henry Repeating arms gets the Great Customer Service story for years for the price of a stock. It's excellent business.

And now he has jstanfield's Great Customer Service story out there.

I'm on the Henry mailing list. They just sent out an email apologizing for wishing their customers "Merry Xmas" instead of "Merry Christmas." He must have gotten some flack for the "Xmas" Actually, the "X" derives from the Greek letter chi and has been a correct tradition for over 250 years, so I don't think that the apology was necessary. However, Anthony Imperato thought so and was willing to do something about it.

Henry's .22's are good shooting, fun .22's at a good price. The only problem is you can't load it on Sunday and shoot all week. If you plan to shoot it on Sunday, it seems to require lots of loading. :lol:

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:13 pm

greener wrote:Henry's .22's are good shooting, fun .22's at a good price. The only problem is you can't load it on Sunday and shoot all week. If you plan to shoot it on Sunday, it seems to require lots of loading. :lol:
Try 22shorts

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:39 am

bigfatdave wrote:
greener wrote:Henry's .22's are good shooting, fun .22's at a good price. The only problem is you can't load it on Sunday and shoot all week. If you plan to shoot it on Sunday, it seems to require lots of loading. :lol:
Try 22shorts
I can't remember when I've seen any .22 shorts

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:33 am

greener wrote:
I can't remember when I've seen any .22 shorts
.22 is short everywhere, in supply that is- I haven't seen very much of the short .22 either, not a big market for it.

R,
Bullseye

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:24 am

Beretta once made a version of their tip-up barrel pocket pistol in .22 short with a 4" barrel... I've always wanted one of those.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:14 pm

I have had more luck finding shorts than LR in the recent months, actually.

Maybe I'm the last person buying them in the world/nation/state/county?

22short is a fun round, so I'm fine if you guys leave them all for me.

You can stuff a lot of them in the 22 version of the Henry Mare's Leg (H001ML), too!

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:16 pm

charlesb wrote:Beretta once made a version of their tip-up barrel pocket pistol in .22 short with a 4" barrel... I've always wanted one of those.
One of the few beretta guns I'm interested in, I'm always on the lookout for one of those at a good price.

I believe the model name was the "minx", keeping in the cat-based name theme for beretta pocket pistols.