Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Lever Action 22's

Post by jstanfield103 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:31 pm

Guy's
I just started getting back on this site due to me buying a S&W Model 41. I actually forgot about this site until then. Glad to start reading here again.
But as I was scanning the Rimfire Rifles forum I noticed Marlins, Henry's mostly. No Winchesters and or Browning's. Curious why ?

Here are my takes just to get people fired up and or just to start a discussion about them. I was watching a video on YouTube about the best 22's lever guns. It was done by Nutnfancy, did really well I enjoyed watching all of them. But in my opinion here is the way I rate them.

#1 Winchester 9422
#2 Marlin 39A
#3 Browning BL-22
#4 Henry 22's

There are others out there and only 2 out of the 4 that I rate are currently really in production. Marlin 39A special order for $3000 is really a joke and not in production anymore.
So current models of the in production are the Browning BL-22 and the Henry Levers.

When I shoot all my levers as I am shooting the rifle of choice at the time I always feel it is the best at the time. So it is always a hard decision to pick one. But why is the Browning not on any of this forums titles ?
I have a 1980 model BL-22 Grade 1 and a new Model BL-22 Grade 2. These are great shooters and very well made rifles. I think they get no respect. I would put them really close to the Winchester and Marlin. I have owned several Henry's in the past, really never did anything for me and sold them. The Henry's are priced right but I feel the material is not as strong that they are made of compared to the other rifles. So I don't own any Henry's at this point. Will buy one of their lever shotguns one day.

In fact I shoot my old beater BL-22 more than all the others combined. love that old rifle. really how do you all feel about the BL-22's. If I could only have one rifle it would be the 9422 Winchester. It just is the top of all 22lr levers. Just about in everyone's opinion, but the BL's are really a very good comfortable rifle.
Aim Small & Miss Small

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: Lever Action 22's

Post by Hardball » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:48 am

I have 3 Marlin 39 (D, Mountie, and Golden. All older real Marlins) And I have an older 9422. The Marlins all outshoot the 9422. But the Winchester is prettier :lol:

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:44 am

Hardball,
I also have three Marlins. A 1955 39M, 1966 39A Golden Mountie and a 2019 Marlin 1894CSBL in .357. Love all three and all three are equally made well. But the two 39's will shoot with the 9422. But I still have to say, I Love my BL-22's more.
Aim Small & Miss Small

Hardball
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Hardball » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:25 am

Remington Announces Asset Sale, Ruger will acquire Marlin

https://rss.com/podcasts/firearmsindustrynews/79093/