Tight receiver on Mark III

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

lucam
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Tight receiver on Mark III

Post by lucam » Thu May 07, 2009 10:20 pm

I just picked up a parkerized Mark III. It's so tight I have to beat it with a mallet to remove the frame from the receiver. Same thing to put it back together. This doesn't seem right. Is there any way to get this to field strip a little easier?

Thanks.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu May 07, 2009 10:34 pm

That is right. They are tight at first, tight enough to need a mallet/plastic hammer to separate. Over time it will loosen up a little bit as you remove and replace the receiver. Someone may have tightened the frame a little bit too much before parkerizing it. Better to be too tight than too loose. There's no functional difference but some folks are disturbed by the feel of a loose receiver.

R,
Bullseye

lucam
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by lucam » Thu May 07, 2009 11:23 pm

I agree; tight is better than loose. It came from the factory this way. The parkerizing, it's a special distributor edition or something silly.

It's so tight I have to take good 10 whacks to get it off!

greener

Post by greener » Mon May 11, 2009 10:50 pm

The first one I bought was so tight I had to use a rubber mallet to remove it. The second one was loose and I thought something was wrong with it.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue May 12, 2009 6:46 am

The more you remove the receiver the easier the it will come off the frame. It just takes some time to loosen up the fit.

R,
Bullseye