Volquartsen Trigger for Mark I

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

purchawk

Volquartsen Trigger for Mark I

Post by purchawk » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:14 pm

I ordered a Volquartsen target trigger and a target sear for my Ruger Mark III, and my son-in-law also ordered these parts but he has a Mark I.

The Brownell's catalog labels the parts for Mark I, Mark II, and Mark II, but the packages themselves say only Mark II and Mark III.

Will the current Volquartsen trigger and sear fit the Mark I?

PurcHawk

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:25 am

The VC2TT/VC3TT trigger will fit the Mark I. Any trigger that can fit in a Mark II will fit a Mark I. The only physical difference in a trigger for the Mark I over the Mark II is the relief cut on top for the bolt stop return plunger. A Mark I's trigger has a disconnector pivot pin housing that is all the way across the top of the trigger. The Mark II trigger has the disconnector pivot pin housing only a little over half the way across the top of the trigger.

R,
Bullseye

purchawk

Many Thanks!

Post by purchawk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:57 am

Bullseye:

Once again you've provided superior info for us poor novice shooters. I really appreciate your expert help and this terrific forum.

I used your detailed info on Mark III extractor problems to get that issue taken care of when I bought a new gun last winter--my local gunsmith actually did the fixing with your directions and pix as great background.

My son-in-law and I are shooting in our local sportsmans association's informal .22 pistol bullseye contests, and we are loving our first exposure to handgun competition.

Thanks again.

Purchawk

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:16 am

Purchawk wrote:My son-in-law and I are shooting in our local sportsmans association's informal .22 pistol bullseye contests, and we are loving our first exposure to handgun competition.
And that Sir, is exactly why I do this!

R,
Bullseye

purchawk

Post by purchawk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:24 am

B:

Well, it's a blessing for your readers.

Purchawk

greener

Post by greener » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:20 pm

I assume the same would apply to the Standard (A-100). I haven't gotten around to detail stripping mine. Sort of intended to leave it as is, but the urge for a VQ trigger and sear is growing.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:54 pm

Yep! :D

R,
Bullseye