Ultimate Reloader

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

mrfcobf

Ultimate Reloader

Post by mrfcobf » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Has anyone tried out the Ultimate Reloader? It looks great, and I'm thinking of buying one. I'd love to hear if anyone has one and if it (1) works, and (2) holds up well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65jHazxWXCA

I just worry when things look too good to be true. I'd love to get the skin back on my left thumb.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Can't see YouTube on this machine, but I assume you're talking about the "ultimate cliploader"?
If it is a hopper with a track for the rounds to drop through and a narrow section to jam the magazine into, then it is the UCL.

Silly name, great product. I have one and it makes mkIII magazine reloading a breeze.
Well worth the cost, for me, but I shoot a LOT of rimfire

mrfcobf

Post by mrfcobf » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Yes. I just found one for sale for under $20, but I've heard mixed reviews about Cheaper Than Dirt.

It says Mark II. Do you think this will work with my Mark III 22/45 Hunter?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GNS127-1.html

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:44 pm

It will work. Some have had problems getting them adj properly. I don't have one or plan on getting one. I shoot up ammo fast enough without something like that.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

mrfcobf

Post by mrfcobf » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:46 pm

You know, I never thought of that. I don't know that I want to blow through ammo that fast either. I bought the .22 to save $ over shooting my .380, but blowing them that quickly isn't necessarily a good thing.

Bud33
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Bud33 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:25 am

mrfcobf wrote:You know, I never thought of that. I don't know that I want to blow through ammo that fast either. I bought the .22 to save $ over shooting my .380, but blowing them that quickly isn't necessarily a good thing.
Got one - - - use it often on my 22/45 Hunter MK III and except that I go thru the ammo to fast this way it sure saves the thumbs 8)
Bud

Beware the man who only has one gun.
HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:29 am

You don't HAVE to shoot them up as fast as you load the mags, you know.

For ~$20, a mag loader makes more sense than another magazine, if you already have 3-4 mags, in my opinion.

As far as fast shooting goes, with a skilled helper and an "ultimate cliploader" you can rapid-fire a mkIII with two mags until you run out of ammo.

Personally, MrsBFD and I have two mkIIIs, and 7 mags total between them. It is mighty nice to just put a bulk pack of Federal550 on the table, and whoever runs dry first gets to load all the empty mags to replenish the pile.

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:24 pm

I have owned and used a UCL for several years now and in my opinion it's a great addition to my shooting bag. I generally load five or more mags at a time and it saves so much wear and tear on my thumb. It will load some brands of ammo better than other, prob because of varying amounts of lube on the bullets.

I'm thinking about buying a second one for a spare, just in case something unfortunate happens to the one I have now.

Y

mrfcobf

Post by mrfcobf » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:30 pm

My son is getting me one for my birthday. You are right - cheaper than more mags!

jayman

Post by jayman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:01 am

A buddy of mine is using it since two years for his Mark II.

He is happy with it and says that he will go crazy if it´s broken any time. 8)

I think for 20 bucks you can´t go wrong.