nitre bluing

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

chriskm

nitre bluing

Post by chriskm » Thu May 13, 2010 7:05 pm

hey guys can aluminum be nitre blued? thanks in advance.

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Nitre Bluing Aluminum

Post by arizona-hermit » Fri May 14, 2010 10:51 am

According to the article listed below, I get the impression you should not.

An interesting read too ;-)

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthr ... ?p=2532411
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri May 14, 2010 4:54 pm

No, will corrode aluminum drastically. Aluminum is best finished when anodized, it prevents further moisture intrusion and degradation.

R,
Bullseye

bam bam

Aluminum

Post by bam bam » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:16 pm

You should call GOE Gun Works in Peoria, AZ. Their number is 623-203-7260. They specialize in duracoat and plating. They can answer your questions and they do fantastic work !

Here is their web site - http://www.goegunworks.com/index2.html

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:39 am

Bam bam … are you here to talk about hardware or advertise a refinishing service?

bam bam

Post by bam bam » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Chriskm had a question about bluing, and because GOE Gun Works did such a fantastic job on my pistol, I wanted to pass GOE's information. This is Gun-Talk Online right? Can't I pass on some helpful information? If bigfatdave thinks that I am advertising for them, I can tell you that I am not. I'd want a paycheck from GOE if I was. I wouldn't mind working for a company like GOE though because I love working on gun hardware, slides, etc.. I just know that GOE can answer chriskm's question to the last drop ! Don't take my word, check them out at http://www.goegunworks.com/index2.html

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:56 pm

I don't have a problem discussing a service that someone needs if the vendor did a particularly good job or fulfills a gun related need. But I have to admit, I was wondering something similar as I read all the various threads throughout the website that contain basically the same information. If some vendor did something good then by all means share it, but you'll notice I don't even promote my own services on this website.

What did you have done by GOE? How did they perform on your project? Any pictures you care to share concerning your firearm?

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Got to agree with you Bullseye, I have never known you to try to promote your own business. This site is not for advertising, and damn glad you have kept it that way.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bam bam

Business Promotion

Post by bam bam » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:27 am

Good God people, I am not promoting (my) business. GOE Gun Works did a great job on my gun. Why wouldn't I want to share that information on a gun talk forum. In fact, I wish Bullseye would in fact share his business information with me. I am always looking for all things guns and services. Once again, I am not advertising - just excited about the work that GOE Gun Works did on my weapon. To answer you question Bullseye, to see photos of the work they do go to : http://www.goegunworks.com/index2.html

Just talking gun talk here !

schnauzer

Post by schnauzer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:59 am

Hey Bamster... back off just a bit and look at how the first posts to the group appeared.
3 different forum groups got the same message, word for word, with no reference to any relevant post in that group.
Now, we're happy you got great service from GOE, but you've not mentioned what specific work they did for you, nor when asked if you had any pics of the work done for you, the reply was to paste back the same website pics that your referred to in the past posts.
So it appears kindof suspect. :cry: but... we all really want to see what they did for you!
I like pictures.
:D

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:06 am

schnauzer wrote:Hey Bamster... back off just a bit and look at how the first posts to the group appeared.
3 different forum groups got the same message, word for word, with no reference to any relevant post in that group.
Now, we're happy you got great service from GOE, but you've not mentioned what specific work they did for you, nor when asked if you had any pics of the work done for you, the reply was to paste back the same website pics that your referred to in the past posts.
So it appears kindof suspect. :cry: but... we all really want to see what they did for you!
I like pictures.
:D
me too, would like to see them.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bam bam

GOE Gun Works Pictures

Post by bam bam » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:53 am

I do not know how to post pictures on the computer site here, but GOE Gun Works has my pistol on their photo gallery page. It is my first childhood pistol - the old Higgins 22 revolver, scratched, rusted, and not working that I had GOE Gun Works do a brushed nickel plate, buffed and polished the aluminum frame. They got it working for my kids to enjoy ! It shines like the stars and works great. I am sending GOE a Kel-Tek P380 slide because the bluing on Kel-Tec is worthless! I am going to have them durracoat the slide to prevent rust. My pistol is here amongst the other weapons of choice -
http://www.goegunworks.com/20201.html

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:59 am

To post photos you need to use a remote hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack. Then post the forum link but resize down to 640x480 other wise it's too large to view.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911