Targets

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Targets

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:49 pm

I am sharing some targets (see sticky at top, http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2322) that I use on a regular bases. The 22 targets expand in 1/4" increments. The canted Box (target #1) has a 1" square center. These are all in B&W (because I use a laser printer) with the exception of 1 (target 4.pdf) which has a small 1/2" red bullseyes. All are laid out for regular 8 1/2" x 11" paper. I have started using a 32# with a 94 whiteness and they really easy to see.

The previews are not showing the crosses through the targets but they're there.

My favorite center fire target is Pistol #7 with a 2" black dot. Makes it easier to pickup on and easier to see my not so good shoots. :wink:

I can generate any size and most any layout you like it you want something special, email me. As long as my very old Mac keeps running. I only keep it around for this one drawing program. I'm too cheap to spend $150 to upgrade so it will work with OSX.

Enjoy
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Sweet

Post by arizona-hermit » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Nice selection of targets blue.

Appreciate it very much.

I often have kids shooting for the first time that enjoy having a piece of paper to take home with them showing how good they are. These will do quite nicely.

Cheers
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:04 pm

That's funny I'm using an old iMac G4 right now. I picked it up for $10 at a garage sale and then fixed it up. Once I installed a new hard drive - which I already had lying around, my bride uploaded it with OSX Tiger for me. It runs slow but I don't have all the virus issues to worry about like with my Windows PC platforms.

Nice targets.

R,
Bullseye

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Thanks! I can see where I can use these teaching my 11 year old daughter how to shoot with my 22/45 and 10/22

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Bullseye wrote:That's funny I'm using an old iMac G4 right now. I picked it up for $10 at a garage sale and then fixed it up. Once I installed a new hard drive - which I already had lying around, my bride uploaded it with OSX Tiger for me. It runs slow but I don't have all the virus issues to worry about like with my Windows PC platforms.

Nice targets.

R,
Bullseye
G4 is a little newer than the PM7500 with a upgraded to 200mhz G4 running card running Mac OS v9.1. But like you said no virus, well not very many. I think there are actually 48 that are for OS v6-7 if I recall. OSX prefers a min of 2gig to make it preform pretty good.

I have been recycling my paper that runs through the printer by printing targets on the back. But I found my self running out of recycled paper to use. :D I picked up a HP 4100 DN Laser printer off ebay 6 yrs ago that only had a page count of 21,000. The printer was design for running 200,000/mo so I considered the printer brand new. I installed a new 10k Page toner cartridge and working on 15k pages without replacing the toner cartridge. The last I checked I had only used 25% of the toner in 6+yrs. So it has been very cheap to operate. My old inkjet was costing me 0.15/page where this is closer to 0.03/page. I have printed off 500 pages of target this week getting ready for my summer house.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks for the targets blue!
blue68f100 wrote: I have been recycling my paper that runs through the printer by printing targets on the back. But I found my self running out of recycled paper to use. :D
I do the same thing! I am currently a college student, so I get a lot of hand-outs, reviews, ect. I figure what better way to recycle 8)