MK11 Mag Release Mod.

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

boomer47
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

MK11 Mag Release Mod.

Post by boomer47 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:26 pm

I got tired of having to pick the mags out of my MK11678GC after hitting the mag release so:
I have the VQ extended mag release that I had to modify in order to keep the mag lip from hitting the ejector and while doing that I also filed a rounded notch in the front of the release to match the rounded"bump" on the back of the mag. The release will still hold the mag in but does not ride on the back of the mag now when ejecting the mag.
The mags now freefall all the way out just like a MK111 with the mag safety removed.
I also ground off about half of the tabs length, (contoured and polished after the grind) to keep it from sticking out quite so far. Still a lot better than the stock release, just does not look so ungainly.

Zigman

Post by Zigman » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:40 pm

I just installed the Ranchproducts extended mag release on my MKII, and then went ahead and did the mod on it like you suggested. Amazing! Thanks for this tip. It works great. Mags fly out!! :D