Help with sights for bull barrel 10/22

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Biggjimm
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Help with sights for bull barrel 10/22

Post by Biggjimm » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:54 am

I have a shooters ridge SS bull barrel on my 10/22 & would like to put iron sights on it, preferably the fiber optic kind that are adjustable. It is a .920" barrel. I'm not interested in the kind that snap, glue, clamp or otherwise magically stay in place, I want the kind that require drilling & tapping the barrel. I want the rear to go on the very rear most section of barrel not on the reciever. I plan on leaving the scope rail in place so I can quickly add optics if necessary. I know exactly what I want (that's a first, usually I don't have a clue what I'm needing to do what I want) but I haven't been able to find anything anywhere that suits my needs. Thanks. Biggjimm.
In youth we learn,
In age we understand.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: Help with sights for bull barrel 10/22

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:09 am

Biggjimm wrote:I have a shooters ridge SS bull barrel on my 10/22 & would like to put iron sights on it, preferably the fiber optic kind that are adjustable. It is a .920" barrel. I'm not interested in the kind that snap, glue, clamp or otherwise magically stay in place, I want the kind that require drilling & tapping the barrel. I want the rear to go on the very rear most section of barrel not on the reciever. I plan on leaving the scope rail in place so I can quickly add optics if necessary. I know exactly what I want (that's a first, usually I don't have a clue what I'm needing to do what I want) but I haven't been able to find anything anywhere that suits my needs. Thanks. Biggjimm.
Check out Williams gun sights, they make a lot of different sights. Not sure of the rear but I have used their front ramps and dovetail sights.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Biggjimm
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Biggjimm » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:12 pm

I checked Williams gun sights & while I think the fire sights are what I want to get for my mark lll 22-45, they have nothing for my rifle except the dovetail sights that fit the factory tapered barrels. I need a front ramp & an adj. rear that fasten with screws on the .920" round bull barrel. I will have to drill & tap the barrel after I get the sights. I did find that I have an old set of irons off of a T/C Black Diamond muzzleloader that will fit the radius of my barrel but they are a little larger than what I want. If all else fails I can use them they're fibre optic & adjustable just a little bulky. I figured beings almost every bull barrel .22 I've ever seen have no sights on them (including factory ruger & Remington) that somebody offered a set of bolt on sights that fit a .920" radiused barrel. Maybe not. Thanks for the info BAOM atleast I found a set for my pistol. That's half the battle. The easy half I'm afraid.
In youth we learn,
In age we understand.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Here is a picture of a Williams shorty ram that was altered and put on my Hernry carbine
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.