D S Arms

The place to discuss firearms related modifications or home made shooting equipment.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

D S Arms

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:31 am

Last Friday I ordered an ar bolt carrier group from DSA (I also tried to order a stainless ar barrel assembly, but that ended up being out of stock with a 3 month wait :cry: ) Their shipping and customer service were excellent. The order was on Friday it arrived at my door on Monday.. and the price on it was great, $81 after shipping.

The bolt carrier group looks excellent upon arrival. As soon as the rest of my parts get here from midway I'll see how well they work together...
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Coach1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Wow. If my memory serves me well (ref: Brownells, Midway, ate catalogs).. That is a really good deal. Good luck with the (re)build.. and maybe you could post a URL here - as a future reference.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:48 am

http://www.dsarms.com/p-12456-ar15zm4-m ... ed-in.aspx

It went together pretty well... used an AR Stoner (midway usa) 16", 1 in7" twist, medium weight barrel. YHM Low profile gas block, and a Nordic Components free float tube.. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

-John Wayne

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Parts.....

Should have used a upper vice block I learned the hard way.. I had to do some tweaking after bending the ejection port..... got it back in shape and moving smooth.... oops.

Yankee hill machine. Gas block installed

The barrel nut broke out torquing it down but the handguard still threaded on just fine so no problem....

YHM phantom comp installed...

Nordic components free float tube. Threaded on nice after 3 miles of threading.... I like the feel of it is fairly thin and light. The front sight is a UT greener gave me. Not sure if it's going to stay or what I'm doing for optic/sights yet.

-John Wayne